• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is Olaf inspired on…

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Michael Jackson or a Torero/Matador?

He's Poster looks like he's on an scenario and also the hat but he also make me remember a Torero/Matador cause of his clothes.

I ask cause i just got him as my Smug Villager so i got curious.

9C6666EE-B109-4BDA-AC02-2F198A0E0C88.jpeg

Last edited:
A lot of people claim Micheal Jackson cause of the hair…but I can also see the Matador in the poster’s pose.

I definitely echo that the Michael Jackson influence is probably the most obvious. Not only does his hair fit the profile, but Jackson was known to don some rather eccentric clothing. When I saw that jacket, this image definitely came to mind...
Michael-Jackson-Walk-Of-Fame-Jacket.jpg

Granted, it's obviously not a 1:1 match, some artistic license had to be made for a number of different reasons. But the general "personality" of the dress is there, in my opinion. Not to mention, the way the spotlight shines in from behind him in the poster makes me think they're attempting to imply a stage performance.

But I tend to lean towards the idea that there were a number of different inspirations that went into his design. His clothing could have also been inspired by a matador's, either directly or indirectly. (i.e it's possible that his clothing was inspired by Michael Jackson's own inspiration by matador clothing) But I don't think that's the specific image they were going for.

I think probably a matador, given that his name in the Japanese game is Antonio and his Japanese catchphrase is “mucho”

Unfortunately, the villager we know as Antonio, who is called Makoto in Japanese, had already taken that name, so they had to rename him for the English version.

No idea why they named him Olaf though.

I used to think he was a matador, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's based on Michael Jackson. Monique is modeled after Marilyn Monroe, so I think celebrities are also used as inspiration.

Back