• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
If someone stared at my clothes, I'd be wondering if I'd forgotten to zip up my pants or something. 🤪
may27-dom1.jpg

may27-dom2.jpg

In other news, I've been playing Miitopia with miis of Fire Emblem: Three Houses's Sylvain, Felix and Caspar. It's surprisingly fun! I hope we get Tomodachi Life on the Switch someday. I played it every day for a year after its launch and even made a blog for my game screenshots. On the very odd day when I feel the need, I actually dust off my 3DS to check on my miis. 😅

Hanging out with Joey and Fuchsia was fun! Happy faces, happy laughter!
may28-joeywithfriends.jpg

On a different note, I've been looking at my old screenshots and, out of the blue, an urge to make album covers with them hit me. I just wanted to make square pictures but that sounds even weirder. So I did.
albums-tile.jpg

I enjoyed creating these more than I thought I would. I might make some more! 😁

But, Fuchsia, I can totally see you doing it! And winning! 😅🤪
may30-fuchsia1.jpg

may30-fuchsia2.jpg

may30-fuchsia3.jpg

Today being May 30, it's the first anniversary of this photo journal. Time sure flies when you're having fun! I wanted a photo account of all the islanders who have come and gone from Littlestar. I play daily and take too many screenshots but I select just one snap or one event to highlight. It's good exercise for me, to be decisive and critical of my own efforts. I rarely post screenshots of beautifully terraformed spots or well decorated rooms because I can't do any of that. I love my islanders though. And I enjoy creating happy memories with all of them. ❤

Managed to get a genuine Detailed Painting! I don't trade for art so I've been collecting everything from Redd. Did a quick count at the museum and it seems I still lack 4 pieces of art. With Redd being unpredictable, I have no idea how long it will take or if I will ever finish my museum art collection. 🤪
may31-redd-storm.jpg

Marshal has a pretty high level of self-awareness. I think. 😆
june4-marshal1.jpg

june4-marshal2.jpg

june4-marshal3.jpg

In other news, I've finished the main story in Miitopia! And look who showed up last night!
miitopia-withraymondcleric-ray.jpg

That's Raymond. 😅 I made a few AC miis for Miitopia but did not get around to using them, so the game randomly assigns these "free" miis to different roles. I've seen them pop up in cut scenes for outings as movie-goers and shoppers, and then Raymond became the first mii to give me a quest after I'd cleared the main story. What a surprise. My cheeks ached from smiling all the time while doing his quest. 😄

Lolly, it has become apparent to me that you know exactly how to get your paws on the most obscure self-help books! Please help me find "Separateyourselffromanythingitivitis for the Easily Obsessed". I need the illustrated edition for the easily confused. 🥺🤪
june7-lolly.jpg

In other news, I have more album covers for non existent albums!
albums-3-tile.jpg

I've never seen a firefly before. I wonder if I'll ever see one before I shuffle off this mortal coil. They look so pretty in the pictures and videos I've looked at online. (It took me a long time to get this shot, chasing the firefly, but I think it was well worth all the effort! 😁 )
june7-firefly1-b2.jpg

Here's another precious instance of Joey Logic. 😆
june9-joeylogic1-tile.jpg

I like the lazy personality because conversations with them are interesting! They make me laugh. (I know some players complain about the incessant bug talk. But, for me now, bugs only pop up in the conversation occasionally. Maybe it's because I've maxed out my relationship with my lazies?) I love that they always seem so curious. They ask many questions. I love inquiring minds. Inquiring minds are anything but lazy minds!

I visited our new neighbour but he's still busy unpacking. Can't wait to see him interact with my other islanders.
june14-sprocketmovesin.jpg

Meanwhile, Dom was fretting over something or other at the plaza. Maybe he can't decide if our newest move-in will be a friend or... a rival? 😉
june14-domthinks.jpg

Since the weather was gorgeous, Joey and I had a picnic by the river. We thought about starting a very, very, very exclusive club. You can join only if you have a VERY BIG HEAD.
june14-joeypicnic.jpg

I have a favourite black t-shirt and it says this. "My body is a temple. Ancient and crumbling. Probably cursed, and filled with unspeakable horror." Pretty much sums up how I feel on most days. And particularly on birthdays. 🤪 But you know a little yellow duck called Joey? He put the biggest smile on my face today. 🥳
june15-b6.jpg

june15-b7.jpg

The Husband bought cake! It's an opera cake. A light almond sponge cake spiked with Kahlua, layered with espresso-infused cream cheese and dark chocolate ganache, and topped with mocha crumble. Mmmm! 🤤

Today I learned that Sprocket has very cool home decor! And he plays K.K. Metal! 😃
june16-sprocket-athome.jpg

I really like the way Sprocket looks. It's just a pity he's a jock. 😅 If only he had a robotic voice. It would make such a difference. To my ears, he sounds exactly like Dom. 😐 I've spoken to Sprocket a few times and it seems he has different dialogue so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. Sprocket does have a different hobby (music) from Dom (play) so I hope the two of them speak and act more like two different jock individuals than clones. I will only have one jock on my island eventually, which means someone has to leave. Until that happens, I'll enjoy both of them! Hopefully they'll interact with each other soon. I'd love to see that. 🙂

Back