• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Today is Wendy's birthday! Marshal, dressed in his best outfit, was there to celebrate with Wendy first thing in the morning. Look at these happy faces. So cute. 🎂 🥳 🎉
aug15-wendybirthday.jpg

Before I forget again! Yesterday, Joey said this.
aug14-gumads.jpg

OMG. I. KNOW. EXACTLY. WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT! 😆 It's the Long Long Man gum commercials in Japan! Click on this link to watch! It's very entertaining. I laughed so hard the first time I saw these commercials. And yes, they have more plot than most full-length movies I've ever seen. 😅🤪

Whoa, game, slow down. For the past few weeks, it feels like my game is throwing campers at me every week and then instigating my islanders to ask to leave every other week. But all I want, at least for a while longer, is to enjoy the company of my present roster of islanders. They're all cute as heck and I like seeing them every day. Also, Marshal, you're a squirrel, not a moth. Just ignore the bright lights. 😉
aug17-leave1-tile.jpg

Caught Fuchsia having a pensive moment at the lake outside the museum. I wonder if she's missing her family. She has told me so much about the people in her life — parents, grandparents, boy next door, tone-deaf friend, the strange old lady on a park bench. If only ACNH had a feature where you get relatives or friends of your islanders visiting for a day every now and then. I'd love to also meet Claude, Lucky and Joey's grandmas!
aug21-nightthoughts.jpg

Couldn't find Soleil anywhere, so I headed for the museum. Nope, not in the art section. Nope, not among the cute bugs. Nope, not appreciating Brewster's massive collection of really old bones either. I eventually found her after running through half the aquarium. 😓 We all have NookPhones, right? Why can't I call my islander to ask where she is when I can't find her in the usual spots outside? 😑🤪
soleil-fishgazing3.jpg

Look at that cute hamster butt! ☺
soleil-fishgazing2.jpg

Joey was super concerned for Fuchsia. I get it. I mean, if you're thinking so hard that your thought bubble becomes visible for all to see... 🤨🤪
fuchsia-somuchthinking.jpg

Raymond likes summer. Not me. We don't have seasons here but, being on an island a degree north of the equator, we get tropical weather all year. It's always too hot. Not nice at all. 🥵
aug27-play1.jpg

aug27-play2.jpg

Disco! I'm glad I lived through some pretty amazing times in history. It was a habit for me to hit the discotheque with my friends every Friday night. I'd order a brown cow or a bourbon and Coke and then dance into the wee hours of the morning. Good times, good times. 🥳

I was ready for the last bug-off of the year and I had fun! ☺ Even though my bug collection is complete, I still enjoy catching them, especially the big showy ones. Also, I can never resist chasing down the speedy agrias butterfly when I see it. I'm going to miss all the bugs when summer is over. It's going to be the Everything is Dying in Sickly Jaundiced Tones Season autumn soon. 🍃
aug28-run.jpg

Lucky was taking it pretty seriously! (I think Flick wanted details. 😏 )
aug28-secret.jpg

There were happy faces at the plaza this morning! 😄
aug31-funattheplaza.jpg

Meanwhile, at the campsite, I found... temptation. 😅 I miss not having a cranky around since Wolfgang moved out. Gonzo is cute! Decisions, decisions. If only moving in a camper was easier. We'll see. If Gonzo doesn't make me jump through too many hoops, it might work. My patience has always been as short as the attention span of a distracted gnat.
aug31-gonzo.jpg

It rained cats and dogs today. And my conversation with one particular cat revealed this little dream she had.
sep1-rainy1.jpg

I know, it's supposed to be a romantic thing. But to me, having to share an umbrella with my husband would be annoying. We'd both get wet! Maybe we just need a bigger umbrella? 🤪 In other news, I've invited Gonzo from the campsite! I'm very much looking forward to having a cranky islander again. Sprocket, the coolest ostrich in my game, is moving out.
aug31-sprocket-goodbyeletter.jpg

So glad I invited Gonzo! He's totally cute. Unlike Wolfgang, my last cranky, Gonzo also seems to have slightly different dialogue. This makes it fun to talk to him.
sep6-gonzowithdonut.jpg

After snapping a few photos of Gonzo, I bumped into Raymond. Who said something mildly disturbing to me. Should I worry? About the insects or about Raymond? 😐😯😟
sep6-insectdemands.jpg

Look who popped into my campsite today! I think he looks cool. But I don't need a jock right now.
sep8-genji.jpg

In other news, Soleil was feeling extra generous today. 🙂
sep8-photo.jpg

If I were a villager in AC, I'd be a super cranky unsociable cat whose photo shows a head in a brown paper bag. With angry eyes showing through the eyeholes. 😠🤪

This is definitely not Lucky's story of the events that had anything to do with all the bandages wrapping his entire body. But it's still a terrifying tale.
sep9-scar1.jpg

Warning: Graphic narration of self-inflicted violence.
sep9-scar2-tile.jpg

I wish I could give him a hug. And maybe some advice. (Or maybe not. I might have walked into a vertical bar post once. And a glass door or two. 🤪 )

Back