Island tips needed/venting

Shyone2313!

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I have had ACNH for about I wanna say for about maybe three or four years now. I am trying to get a theme going but I cant think of any thing .I do have five stars but my island is a over wheleming mess as I feel like I do not know where to even start.I been debating to start my island over but I am in to deep so I feel that is not an option at this time. on top of things should I keep my island two levels make it one I really do not know. I been to dream islands and not going to lie I get jealous lol. I am like why can't my Island look like that ?:( . so im not sure what I should do ,do I keep a two level island ? and tips to make my island goth and trippy lol .any tips are welcome <3

(i'm also struggling to decorate/create my island so i might not have expert advice but i can empathise lol)

which villagers do you have at the moment? are you planning on changing them or are you happy with who you have?
from visiting dream islands and watching countless design videos i've seen that most people either choose to create small personalised areas for each villager (like making themed gardens around each house), or they create one big residential area (such as a boardwalk area or highstreet) and fit houses into that, without theming them individually. so i guess you could try to consider which of these you would prefer to make?

also!! for gothy islands i think theres lots of different things you can do with them - you could maybe make a graveyard area, create some secluded forest patches and maybe put the campsite in a spooky, lonely place. or if you want a more urban-vampire feel you could maybe go for a big city theme? you could also create a cosy area and put most of the buildings and houses close together, and then have the rest of the island feel more dilapidated and unmapped - that could help to create a spooky atmosphere yk??

it def depends on what type of goth youre going for though!! for the trippy aspect, a city vibe might suit u well!! it's definitely difficult to keep that atmosphere while playing though, i'm also going for a gothy island and i only really play during the night, whenever i play during the day it's like a jumpscare bc everything is so bright and un-scary lol

some other ideas for things you could add if you're going for a spooky atmosphere might be black flower variants, maybe even purple or orange, and maybe some more alternative-looking villagers!! (my top fave would have to be Muffy!! maybe Marlo too! or even the more unique villagers like Lucky)

(i'm also struggling to decorate/create my island so i might not have expert advice but i can empathise lol)

which villagers do you have at the moment? are you planning on changing them or are you happy with who you have?
from visiting dream islands and watching countless design videos i've seen that most people either choose to create small personalised areas for each villager (like making themed gardens around each house), or they create one big residential area (such as a boardwalk area or highstreet) and fit houses into that, without theming them individually. so i guess you could try to consider which of these you would prefer to make?

also!! for gothy islands i think theres lots of different things you can do with them - you could maybe make a graveyard area, create some secluded forest patches and maybe put the campsite in a spooky, lonely place. or if you want a more urban-vampire feel you could maybe go for a big city theme? you could also create a cosy area and put most of the buildings and houses close together, and then have the rest of the island feel more dilapidated and unmapped - that could help to create a spooky atmosphere yk??

it def depends on what type of goth youre going for though!! for the trippy aspect, a city vibe might suit u well!! it's definitely difficult to keep that atmosphere while playing though, i'm also going for a gothy island and i only really play during the night, whenever i play during the day it's like a jumpscare bc everything is so bright and un-scary lol

some other ideas for things you could add if you're going for a spooky atmosphere might be black flower variants, maybe even purple or orange, and maybe some more alternative-looking villagers!! (my top fave would have to be Muffy!! maybe Marlo too! or even the more unique villagers like Lucky)
lol I have a grave yard ,I have Ike,Tybalt,T-bone,Drago,Alli,Shari,Ken,Gabi,Billy,Flurry.Im not too sure how to change them lol .so I just let them break the news to me that they are leaving lol I am trying to go for goth,vampire,Victorian style . :)

I still haven’t reached 5Stars mostly because of how quickly the flowers grow and the fact that they have the ability to overrun your entire Island and reappear faster than you can get rid of them.

I still haven’t reached 5Stars mostly because of how quickly the flowers grow and the fact that they have the ability to overrun your entire Island and reappear faster than you can get rid of them.
I had that problem with the flowers .I had to have my cousin come over and help me clean them up lol

If it's not too much trouble, may I visit your island one day? I may have some ideas (although I am definitely not an expert). After seeing what you have set up, I may be able to donate some items to make your island a bit more goth or what you want.

I haven't played for that long, but I have been collecting excess items. I  might be able to help?

Back