• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I've got a challenge for you

Tyeforce

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I need a good banner for my (future) forum, Nintendonic. Obviously, it's a Nintendo/Sonic forum. Anyway, since my GIMP skills are...less than great, I'm challenging anyone to make a good banner for me. I'll pick the best one to use. Here are the requirements:

- Must be 800x150 (same size as TBT's banner)
- Must be in PNG format
- Please use all of the characters and the Nintendonic (one of them) from here. (Don't use the icons or the nintendonic_rb banner.) They're all rendered for you, but you'll have to scale them down to size.
- Must be GOOD! That includes an awesome background! ^_^

So if you're up for the challenge...well, go ahead and impress me, lol. And don't worry, I will give credit to however makes it.

Edit: It would be great if you could send me the project (Photoshop, GIMP, whatever) in case I'd ever need to make changes. Thanks.

Here's a sample banner I made, and I'm using it as my forum's temporary banner right now. As you can see, I'm not any good at making backgrounds, so I just used white.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
bannerao6.png
</div>
Edit again: I just realized that I didn't flip the characters on the bottom vertically and horizontally, so I fixed that. I also added Sonic characters. They can be found on my Photobucket album. I added them all to my banner, too. Here it is:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
banner.png
</div>
It actually doesn't look that bad...except for the background, that is. I guess I could just have someone make a good 800x150 background, and I could just use that. Then someone could add cool effects, like I see on all the signatures around here.

Anyone? =( Here's the logo (one of them)...

nintendonic_w.png
</div>

reedstr16 said:
that is cool make sure to pm me when your site is up pleaz
It probably won't be for a long time... I still need someone to help me make a skin, buttons, emoticons, etc...

y a i took a websitte developement class in 7th grade it was really fun but after two years you forget everything lol it must be hard

reedstr16 said:
y a i took a websitte developement class in 7th grade it was really fun but after two years you forget everything lol it must be hard
Yeah, I took Internet Publishing last year, but all I can remember is basic HTML, lol.

So...anyone else up for it?

I'll give it a shot. I don't think it'll end well... there's too many characters in such a small space.

malesretmit12 said:
I'll give it a shot. I don't think it'll end well... there's too many characters in such a small space.
Thanks! Lol, yeah, a lot of characters...

cryindarkness said:
i have a good design in mind with those images :)
Ooh, I can't wait to see! I was thinking that the characters could all be around the logo. You know, the characters on the bottom would be upside down and the characters on the sides would be...on their side, lol. Kinda like the AC:WW picture with all the characters around the globe.

Tyeforce said:
cryindarkness said:
i have a good design in mind with those images :)
Ooh, I can't wait to see! I was thinking that the characters could all be around the logo. You know, the characters on the bottom would be upside down and the characters on the sides would be...on their side, lol. Kinda like the AC:WW picture with all the characters around the globe.
Here's an example:

examplels4.png
</div>

The ugly bumps around the logo are where characters go. Very crude, I know. XD

Tyeforce said:
reedstr16 said:
It probably won't be for a long time... I still need someone to help me make a skin, buttons, emoticons, etc...
I could probably help with the general build of the site. Us mac users got to stick together!

Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
reedstr16 said:
I could probably help with the general build of the site. Us mac users got to stick together!
Oh, great! Maybe you can help me start working on it after I get a banner. It's a ZetaBoard, like TBT. The forum is here, but it's offline right now.

Back