• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

I've got a challenge for you

Okay, well I have absolutely no clue what Xat is or how to make a skin or anything like that, lol. I need major help. =P

Well, you could ask someone to make one for you, or just get one from someone. All you really need is a good template, then fiddle with it a bit.

Bacon Boy said:
Well, you could ask someone to make one for you, or just get one from someone. All you really need is a good template, then fiddle with it a bit.
Lol, I tried "fiddling" with one... It got really messed up. =P

I made a banner showing what I was thinking of. It's simple, but it makes my idea clear.
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
bannerao6.png
</div>
Of course, the real banner would have a cool background, not just white.

Oh, I also changed the images in my Photobucket album. I autocropped all the images and added Ness and Captain Falcon.

I changed two images in my Photobucket album again... I changed the Kirby and Yoshi images. Now Kirby is normal Kirby, not Fighter, and Yoshi doesn't have Baby Mario on his back.

Is anyone else gonna help me out? =( I wanna try to get this forum started soon...

Edit: I just realized that I didn't flip the characters on the bottom vertically and horizontally, so I fixed that. I also added Sonic characters. They can be found on my Photobucket album. I added them all to my banner, too. Here it is:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
banner.png
</div>
It actually doesn't look that bad...except for the background, that is. I guess I could just have someone make a good 800x150 background, and I could just use that. Then someone could add cool effects, like I see on all the signatures around here.

Thanks to malesretmit12, I now have an awesome banner! Anyone else can still try to make another one for me, of course. I might make the banners change randomly, if I can. I've seen it on other forums, so I assume ZetaBoards can do it, to.

Here's my banner with malesretmit12's background:
banner1.png
</div>

Tyeforce said:
Thanks to malesretmit12, I now have an awesome banner! Anyone else can still try to make another one for me, of course. I might make the banners change randomly, if I can. I've seen it on other forums, so I assume ZetaBoards can do it, to.

banner1.png
</div>
The forum still has a white background image! :O

Hm... Ty, what you should do is find out color hex codes. Try and figure them out and understand them. That'll be easier and it will make everything more understandable to fiddle with.

SpikeHawk said:
Tyeforce said:

banner1.png
</div>
Oh, thanks. Fixed! ^_^

SpikeHawk said:
Tyeforce said:

banner1.png
</div>
oh, and I see some mistakes in that banner...

Bacon Boy said:
Hm... Ty, what you should do is find out color hex codes. Try and figure them out and understand them. That'll be easier and it will make everything more understandable to fiddle with.
Okay...well, do you know any guides or tutorials out there? lol

Bacon Boy said:
SpikeHawk said:
Tyeforce said:

banner1.png
</div>
oh, and I see some mistakes in that banner...
Mistakes?! =o Lol, it's my first banner. What are the mistakes?

no, with the background, I'll tell you when I get back from dinner in five minutes.

Bacon Boy said:
no, with the background, I'll tell you when I get back from dinner in five minutes.
Mistakes? It's just a background. I did the background without anything over it, he just added it to his layout. >_<

Bacon Boy said:
I think the background looks great... But then again I no practically nothing about graphic design. (Even though I did take a class on it in 9th grade...=P)

banner1.png

The colors to the right of Sonic, the bright blue next to a sudden cut of dark blue. And the red next to him could be darker, then brighter, or vice-versa.

Bacon Boy said:
banner1.png

The colors to the right of Sonic, the bright blue next to a sudden cut of dark blue. And the red next to him could be darker, then brighter, or vice-versa.
Now that you say that, I do notice it, but it's not that bad. I still like it. Nothing's perfect.

I know, but it looks a bit off color. Especially with the brick-type texture under Mario. If you look at it like it it now, by his left shoe, it looks like the color just cuts and changes.

Bacon Boy said:
I know, but it looks a bit off color. Especially with the brick-type texture under Mario. If you look at it like it it now, by his left shoe, it looks like the color just cuts and changes.
Well, malesretmit12 is touching it up right now. I don't know if he'll change the background or not, but I think it's just fine.

Back