• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Iwata apologizes for New Leaf out-of-stock situation due to modified 3DS game cart

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
iwataapology.png

Nintendo has released a short video with Iwata apologizing for the out-of-stock situation in Japan currently for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Some have been wondering why this is even a problem since it shouldn’t be difficult to produce more standard game carts.

Read the full article at ACNewLeaf.com: http://acnewleaf.com/2012/11/29/iwa...tock-situation-due-to-modified-3ds-game-cart/

I just want this game now...... I don't think this will effect us. We have to wait many more months either way...

I agree, I just want the new game, I would be upset but my 3DS doesnt play Japanese games so I have to wait.

Also animal crossing Wii U :)

This is why having ? downloadable option is good but at the same time no carts for people that want it bad....however i take option a Please if push back for US/EU

I dont see why they couldnt have had it just save the data to the SD card. Would have made so much more sense.

I feel like they would have a separate group of supplies for the NA and EU versions, and that the fact that Japan has gone out of stock won't affect the other groups. I also feel as if it might not be such a huge problem in NA or EU since the game doesn't seem to be quite as popular, but I guess only time will tell.

"Exclusivity." Said the Nintendo marketing team. "Exclusivity, the scarsity, the rarity of the item, will sell more."
At least that's what I hear them doing in my head. LinandKo when they did the AC 3DSLL unboxing video quoted the retailer they bought from saying the store itself was limited on how many units they could purchase, "Only 100 instead of 500 like most games". Nintendo is doing this purposefullyyyyyyyyy. And apologizing for something it planned on all along to placate people. It's a good marketing strategy. Seems backwards, limiting the item they make a profit from, but really, it's genious.

So? What does special modified game cart mean?
It's special modified to be able to hold and save more data than normal game carts, because of all the items and streetpass house things.

I wonder, does this affect the digital downloads? No, right?

Not for Japan.....but if it causes a delay for North America and Europe then I doubt they would release the digital version before the physical copies were ready.

Unless they were in a really dire position with the carts.

If things were really bad and they couldn't release physical copies I would take a digital version if it meant we got the game sooner.

Not for Japan.....but if it causes a delay for North America and Europe then I doubt they would release the digital version before the physical copies were ready.

Unless they were in a really dire position with the carts.

If things were really bad and they couldn't release physical copies I would take a digital version if it meant we got the game sooner.

You're right...I think I would too...right now, I wish I had the game :)

Great, now when will NOA apologize for taking so darn (putting it lightly, lol) long to release the game?

"Exclusivity." Said the Nintendo marketing team. "Exclusivity, the scarsity, the rarity of the item, will sell more."
At least that's what I hear them doing in my head. LinandKo when they did the AC 3DSLL unboxing video quoted the retailer they bought from saying the store itself was limited on how many units they could purchase, "Only 100 instead of 500 like most games". Nintendo is doing this purposefullyyyyyyyyy. And apologizing for something it planned on all along to placate people. It's a good marketing strategy. Seems backwards, limiting the item they make a profit from, but really, it's genious.

And considering how much Japan loves exclusive and limited things (lots of things are like that here), I wouldn't be surprised if your conspiracy theory was true.

I live in Japan and was trying to be cheap by waiting for the US version. The exchange rate sucks, plus I don't have a Japanese 3DS yet. But about a 5 minute walk from my house is this awesome large store that sells a lot of books and video games and such. I'm extremely tempted to go buy a Japanese 3DS (and the game if they have it, if not, there's always the download option) this weekend.

Back