• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Japan is getting an Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL

tumblr_mbpt6umfty1qcyph4o1_500.png

I think it's neat that the game comes pre-installed on the 3DS digitally instead of there being a physical copy that's added inside the box like they did with the Mario 3DS and Zelda 3DS.

I'll probably buy it if it's limited edition and if I don't already have an XL. I personally like the design, but I'd prefer a solid color just because I'd probably look like an idiot if I went out in public with it (not that I don't already look like an idiot with a 3DS, because everyone at my school is like 'loolololololol nintndo sux cal of duty is god'). I'd buy it if it was limited edition because of it's a collectible item and it's eventually going to be worth more than retail value. I'll also get it if it's cheaper than buying a 3DS XL and Animal Crossing (just checked, 3DS XL costs $200 and 3DS games cost $40 or $240 in total. However, the price will likely drop, seeing as 3DSs are cheaper in the states, not sure about XLs though, can't seem to find the Japanese price. However the special 3DS XL costs $290 when converted to USD), or if Gamestop offers some kind of special deal, such as trade in 3DS/3DS XL, get # off on AC 3DS XL.

Also, is there anyway to transfer downloaded stuff from a 3DS to 3DS XL? I got the 3DS at launch, and I don't wanna lose my 20 free games :(

I don't think you can transfer those. That is why Nintendo offered the Ambassador program after all - to give us who bought the original 3DS before the price drop something to make us happy that we didn't wait. Pretty sure it would stay on your 3DS.
That's one of the only reasons I am iffy on changing it up to an XL if it comes to the states. Well that and Nykos doesn't have a battery pak for the XL.

Luckily I haven't actually gotten a 3DS yet (will probably get the XL). I would totally buy this bundle if it were available in NA and it uh... looked a little better? Meh. Maybe one day I'll just buy a nice AC skin to put on mine.

I don't think you can transfer those. That is why Nintendo offered the Ambassador program after all - to give us who bought the original 3DS before the price drop something to make us happy that we didn't wait. Pretty sure it would stay on your 3DS.
That's one of the only reasons I am iffy on changing it up to an XL if it comes to the states. Well that and Nykos doesn't have a battery pak for the XL.

Not sure where you're getting that from. You can transfer 3DS to 3DS, which is exactly what the 3DSXL is.
on a side note you can also transfer DSI-3DS.

edit: To be more clear, anything you have purchased and downloaded will be able to transfer, there isn't any sort of lock on specific things to keep them from transferring.

Last edited:
It's cute, but a little plain.
If it had some fancy details on it (like the Zelda 3ds's gold buttons) then I would consider getting it if it were to be released in North America.

It's cute, but a little plain.
If it had some fancy details on it (like the Zelda 3ds's gold buttons) then I would consider getting it if it were to be released in North America.

But like Justin said, I like its simplicity.

Not sure where you're getting that from. You can transfer 3DS to 3DS, which is exactly what the 3DSXL is.
on a side note you can also transfer DSI-3DS.

edit: To be more clear, anything you have purchased and downloaded will be able to transfer, there isn't any sort of lock on specific things to keep them from transferring.

So... How do I transfer stuff?

Back