• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Least favorite thing in game?

I think the things that get on my nerves the most are a general lack of space - and I mean in basically a lack of space in all things.

---Limited inventory space.
---Limited amount of villagers in town (inability to expand).
---Limited town space for Public Works Projects (inability to expand).
---Limited storage space.
---VERY limited pattern space.
---Limited to one Mayor file per game.

I mean, I understand why they did a lot of these things and games only have so many capabilities, but it's still pretty annoying to work around a lot of them. I just need more. I would even be happy if they fixed/expanded at least a couple of those. That's why I'm hoping the next Animal Crossing game will be for WiiU.

Only 10 spaces for patterns.. I'd really want to make much more than that D: Also I hate placing PWPs, cause Isabelle's always saying that they're too close to something ugh.

I really don't like when a villager asks to come to your house/asks you to come to their house .. and you have to plan it at least an hour away! The limit for time should be something more like 15 minutes away, I'm usually not going to playing an hour from the time they asked, or I'm just flat out not going to remember.

2 things.

Not being able to talk villagers out of boxes
Wish we had 12 villagers

Actually, I don't know if you know or not, but you can talk them out of boxes any day before they leave. You just can't talk them out on the actually day the leave. Unless you mean you can't talk them out on the day they're in boxes, I get what you mean.

I was just thinking about that! They don't have any instruments like flute, trumpet, oboe, etc. Btw, do you play bassoon/tenor sax? (judging by your avatar/sig)

Yeah the game has a lute, sitar, and a sanshin (of which I really don't know what that is) but it still can't include even the most basic of brass/woodwind instruments? Ridiculous!

I play the bassoon. I own a tenor saxophone, and really love playing it, but I haven't really learned it enough to say I can play it. Too much going on right now. >.<

Yeah the game has a lute, sitar, and a sanshin (of which I really don't know what that is) but it still can't include even the most basic of brass/woodwind instruments? Ridiculous!

I play the bassoon. I own a tenor saxophone, and really love playing it, but I haven't really learned it enough to say I can play it. Too much going on right now. >.<

View attachment 71807
This is a sanshin, it's something you hear in Asian music (I don't know too much either, I just know it's a traditional Japanese instrument.) I agree, it'd be nice to have more variety. :(

Oh cool, I play Clarinet and tenor sax too lol. Clarinet is my main, I would love to play Bassoon because I love the sound, but double-reeds scare me, I heard the fingerings for it is confusing, and it's big and heavy so carrying it would be a pain for me (I can barely carry a tenor sax lol).

The pocket space. I wish there were extra tabs like in storage, or a scroll bar atleast.
Also putting down paths..I wish you could lock onto a design or something so you don't have to keep going to it.

Last edited:
Variations in what the villagers say or their personality. I know having 333 villagers with different dialogues would be hard and their design makes them unique already but, I'd really rather we have 150 villagers with more things to say, maybe a different backstory for each villager.

I don't understand these games with quantity over quality. Maybe I'm spoiled by Suikoden...

The amount of letters you receive, seriously how many times do I have to clear out my letter box gaah.

"I think we need a little bit more dancing--shroom! Okay, that's better."

I thought that was the most cutest thing ever the first time I had one of my villagers say it to me, and now I just get annoyed because it happens so often. :(

Last edited:
I thought that was the most cutest thing ever the first time I had one of my villagers say it to me, and now I just get annoyed because it happens so often. :(

Yeah, same. It doesn't help that when I go talk to, say, Pietro and he does it, and then I go to Marshal straight afterwards and he says the exact same thing. It just gets obnoxious real quick.

Actually, I don't know if you know or not, but you can talk them out of boxes any day before they leave. You just can't talk them out on the actually day the leave. Unless you mean you can't talk them out on the day they're in boxes, I get what you mean.

This is one of the biggest things I dislike about the game, so How do you do this? Is is it flat out too late if they are already in boxes!?
Because I have had a villager ping and confirm to move while playing one of my other characters and then when I next came on while talking to that villager, I said "No- don't move" and they stayed!
That was a lengthy response, sorry! :rolleyes:
The other thing I really hate is when I am doing a lot of planting and using "Y" for picking and instead of picking it wipes out the path pattern close by!! Grrr :mad: and especially irritating is when the particular pattern is not one that I personally have bit that of another character. *sigh*

Last edited:
Variations in what the villagers say or their personality. I know having 333 villagers with different dialogues would be hard and their design makes them unique already but, I'd really rather we have 150 villagers with more things to say, maybe a different backstory for each villager.

I don't understand these games with quantity over quality. Maybe I'm spoiled by Suikoden...

Ahh, I forgot to mention this. Agreed. I understand that they probably don't have enough memory/capacity on a small handheld system to incorporate a unique personality for EVERY villager, but they could have varied it up a bit more than they did.

Get ready for the list...
Town size
Pattern space
Constant dialog repeat
Automatedness of the game
Town size
Blandness of villager homes(There is no way someone could possibly live in a small, ugly shack... I love the homes in City Folk, whats wrong with those, they were atleast a tad bit bigger...)
Absence of the sky... I dont need the bottom screen for my stupid button things, I have buttons on the DS
Town size(for the millionth time, I hate the town size...)
Map variation(Oh... I get to pick from three towns that look like everyone elses towns...)
And thats my list, basically covers what everyone else complained about too...

I very much agree. That's a new dimension that the development team should really work on for the next Animal Crossing.

I could understand it back in this series' 'development' phase, when it was still practically an N64 game. However, Animal Crossing has now become a full-fledged series, and sold really well on the 3DS. It is time to step it up!

Last edited:
This is one of the biggest things I dislike about the game, so How do you do this? Is is it flat out too late if they are already in boxes!?
Because I have had a villager ping and confirm to move while playing one of my other characters and then when I next came on while talking to that villager, I said "No- don't move" and they stayed!
That was a lengthy response, sorry! :rolleyes:
The other thing I really hate is when I am doing a lot of planting and using "Y" for picking and instead of picking it wipes out the path pattern close by!! Grrr :mad: and especially irritating is when the particular pattern is not one that I personally have bit that of another character. *sigh*

Yeah, it's too late to make them stay if (for example, someone moved on the 22nd) you talk to them on the 22nd. But you can talk to them and convince them to stay anytime before that date.

Omg! That's so annoying, it happens to me all the time D:<

Back