• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Leaving my town... advice?

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I'm going away for a month in an area that doesn't have electricity so.. I have to leave my town back home :(

Do you guys have any tips so I don't come back to a destroyed town?

Thanks!

You could also reset your 3DS calendar to the date you left, then play two days at a time by setting your calendar forward once every day. It would take you a month to catch up but at least you still have a full experience. It would double the "workload" but you shouldn't loose any villagers.

Get some perfect fruit stored away. If you leave the fruit on the trees for more 30 days or longer, the perfect fruit will become rotten, useless, and you'll end up having to pay to throw it out if you don't have a public garbage or garbage can at home.
That being said, if you don't have a public garbage or garbage can at home, you should probably get one because it's probably inevitable that some of your perfect fruit will rot while you are away.
If you don't feel like doing any of this, I'd give your game to a close, trustworthy friend with strict instructions to just do the bare essentials around the town on a daily basis and by that I mean, weeding, watering flowers, and picking perfect fruit so it doesn't rot.

I'll definitely put it on a beautiful ordinance - that should save some of my flowers. I'm not going to time travel though, I told myself I would never timetravel in this town so I'm sticking with it.

I never knew that perfect fruit became rotten after 30 days! I thought it only turned rotten if you shook down the fruit so many times D:

Umm... I've had perfect fruit on my trees for longer than 30 days and they are 100% fine. Perfect fruit's rotten-ness is based off how many times you shake the tree. Each time you get fruit from it successfully and the tree doesn't die, it has a higher chance next time.

Anyway, I don't really understand why you can't bring your 3DS with you? I get that there is no electricity, but the 3DS can still last quite a while--especially on power saver and with low light and the wireless switch off. I'd play a little each day and then turn it off. Just to check on my villagers and flowers.

If there's no villagers you care for, just leaving the town on a Beautiful ordinance should be fine... however, your hair will become messy after 14 days so if you do take it, I'd recommend checking it like every 10 days.

If you have villagers you care for, the best thing I would say to do is actually play ahead the month and then, on the day you'd be returning home, constantly reset that day to 6:01AM each day (so the day never changes) and just do that for the month. That shouldn't kill the battery and keep all your villagers fine.

Edit: Also, if you really don't want to take it, you could always turn your 3DS' time back to the day you left and play the month you were gone to get back to where you were (just, obviously change the date through the 3DS). This should leave everything in tact.

Last edited:
Check as much as you can that nobody is thinking of leaving so you can convince them otherwise if you want to keep them. Talk to villagers as much as you can, they'll tell you if someone is leaving.

Umm... I've had perfect fruit on my trees for longer than 30 days and they are 100% fine. Perfect fruit's rotten-ness is based off how many times you shake the tree. Each time you get fruit from it successfully and the tree doesn't die, it has a higher chance next time.

Anyway, I don't really understand why you can't bring your 3DS with you? I get that there is no electricity, but the 3DS can still last quite a while--especially on power saver and with low light and the wireless switch off. I'd play a little each day and then turn it off. Just to check on my villagers and flowers.

If there's no villagers you care for, just leaving the town on a Beautiful ordinance should be fine... however, your hair will become messy after 14 days so if you do take it, I'd recommend checking it like every 10 days.

If you have villagers you care for, the best thing I would say to do is actually play ahead the month and then, on the day you'd be returning home, constantly reset that day to 6:01AM each day (so the day never changes) and just do that for the month. That shouldn't kill the battery and keep all your villagers fine.

Edit: Also, if you really don't want to take it, you could always turn your 3DS' time back to the day you left and play the month you were gone to get back to where you were (just, obviously change the date through the 3DS). This should leave everything in tact.

I'm glad to hear about the perfect fruit, I was sure they wouldn't rot after 30 days - that would be awful!

I really can't take it, I'm going back-packing around a very rural area in a foreign country.. if I take out my DS I'm worried it might get stolen or I might get mugged because it'll probably make me look like I have a lot of money.

I really don't want to time travel either. I guess I'll just stick it on a beautiful ordinance and clear up whatever has happened when I get back :)

Back