• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Letter Writing and Villagers

Coexist

Local Native
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this but this is on New Leaf and this is the New Leaf board so I'm assuming it's fine.

Anyways, I recently sent out around 7-8 letters to my villagers, all with gifts attached, proper grammar, and I would like to think they were all nice letters as well, without any errors! So it's been maybe 2 days and they still haven't replied yet. I did time travel a bit and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with villagers writing back or not. I don't know if what I wrote confused them but I made sure it was grammatically correct AND it made perfect sense, so I have no idea why they're not writing back!

How long does it usually take for villagers to write back?
Also, does anyone know any letter writing tricks/methods that guarantees a positive response? I'm actually genuinely talking to them and using "friend" and "present" whenever I can but now the past few times I have done it, I haven't gotten a really good response from anyone. :c

Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Help a fellow Mayor out please. D:

I've noticed that I don't always get replies either. Most of the time I do, either the day after or 2 days after, but sometimes--nothing!

As long as you don't repeat words too much or spell horrifically badly then you shouldn't get a bad response. I had an over the moon happy response from someone I was asking to move because I didn't like them haha! (Clutches of desperation and they're still here, typical-only one not to have asked to move).

Presents don't make a diference for me either, they seem happy with or without them and sometimes randomly send letters too which I hope you get. Wait a while before you send any more maybe?

Back