• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

LinandKo

Status
Not open for further replies.

New leaf 180

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Cake
Cake
Who are you going to turn for help after Linandko quit doing their videos on the game?

I personally going to turn to the guide book. Because I can pay for both the game and the guide.

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll keep going for a while. And with the game barely 8 weeks away, I already have other games set up and apps to use to wait out this part.

And I have my Japanese guide to keep me occupied. I also plan on making my own videos when the game comes out. I'll have my guide as well.

I'm not getting the guide book, so I'll be turning to Google. Or just figure it out on my own. That's my goal with this game, a whole new experience :p

Well, I basically have the whole Internet with me in first place, so I can find almost anything for ACNL, even if my limited Japanese skills do cause some hinderance for me. At the moment, I'm not solely relying on Linandko for gathering information about the game. In case you haven't knew that, they also play many other games and cover things in Japan.

I think they will be staying. I want them to stay, I love their videos and they should keep making more. But if they do stop making videos... I will get a guide book or something

I wasn't planning on relying for them as an information resource once the game came out, simply because it would be too tedious to watch an entire video to get a mere snippet of info. Even now, if I want to know something I usually look it up on a website because it's cumbersome to watch a video for one piece of info. I watch their videos just for the sheer enjoyment more than anything. ^_^ They've been so much fun to watch.

I hope they at least make videos for the Japanese holidays after NL is released. I've always loved seeing foreign DLC and game footage of holidays from other countries. Maybe they'll network with players in other regions of the world and make videos of them visiting during special regional holidays. (hint hint saratoga! ;))

I try not to use guides for AC. Figuring it out on my own is part of what I love about the game.

I'm not going to use guides this time. I've already spoiled myself enough, and I want to experience the game with any mistakes that may happen. I want the game to last longer, and the only way for me to do that is to add a little mystery.

I don't think I've ever turned to videos for help with games. I mean, I have used GameFAQs a lot. I prefer to read. But I love having AC guides, they're always so neat :3 I think AC is my favorite game series.

Because I can pay for both the game and the guide.

We can, too. /facepalm

I don't think anyone will turn to LinandKo vids for info after the english game comes out. It will be easy to understand then. We have so much more info on our fingertips using the internet, guides, this forum, etc.

The LinandKo vids are for:

- people who didn't have the game and enjoy seeing a live preview of a game they don't have yet.
- Like AC and want to see what the new game looks like
- People who don't have the game and won't have it when the english version comes out but enjoy AC

All those people will hav ethe game eventually, but there will be no more need for the JP version vids that they put out. Now, if they start making community videos such as contests, games, and possibly an LP in English (all of which have emphasis on community), then people will watch again after the English version comes out.

But no, they will not watch their vids as a guide to the game. I don't think anyone did. They watched for info they couldn't get on their own.

btw, I'm not saying the vids are bad. I appreciate the effort they put in and the time they take out of their lives to show us this wonderful game and share it early.

I just don't like when people are worshipped like they are the sole bearers of info by people like you.

I bought the guide. I have the guides for all the AC games! That will work just fine! :)

I just don't like when people are worshipped like they are the sole bearers of info by people like you.

Preach.
I don't understand this Holy status they get around here. I love their videos, but they aren't the only ones on the net posting them.

And I'll just Google anything I want to find out.

Once the game is out I probably will figure things out alone, I'll obviously watch the other countries special holidays but I enjoy watching them now and get myself pumped for the release but once out I'm on my own!

I'll be turning to myself as soon as I get the game cause it's easier and more fun to just figure things out for yourself.

To be honest, LinandKo took a lot of my anticipation. As did WiiFolderJosh.

I really love and appreciate their work and I won't blame them for my fault to watch every video I could get my hands on. They have nothing to do with it!

But still, they showed too much information, too many details and I just couldn't resist watching it all. And now I feel like I already know everything and the exciting feeling is gone, really. :(

Nevertheless, I really want to thank them for all the time and effort that they put in their videos. Both Lindsey and Kohei are very sympathetic and nice, always trying to fulfill all of the requests they get. :)

I watch the videos not for help but cause I just generally like them. I have a Japanese copy but I use the FAQ I found on GAMEFAQs. Been using it since I bought it only cause I can't read Japanese. For me the videos are a joy and entertaining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back