• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

LinandKo

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, LinandKo took a lot of my anticipation. As did WiiFolderJosh.

I really love and appreciate their work and I won't blame them for my fault to watch every video I could get my hands on. They have nothing to do with it!

But still, they showed too much information, too many details and I just couldn't resist watching it all. And now I feel like I already know everything and the exciting feeling is gone, really. :(

Nevertheless, I really want to thank them for all the time and effort that they put in their videos. Both Lindsey and Kohei are very sympathetic and nice, always trying to fulfill all of the requests they get. :)

This time around I didn't get too involved in all the details, so ill have a much newer experience than I had with WW and CF.

I didn't rely on them for information in the first place. I also don't understand why some people tend to post "Ask Linandko!" in a bunch of threads I've seen. |: They're not the sole source of AC information. In fact, none of the information I know came from them. It came from Liquefy and Zen. After I get the game, I'll probably still look to Liquefy's guide on gamfaqs and Zen for help if I can't figure something out and it isn't already on Nookipedia.

I know that the two of them (and there are two of them. It kind of grinds my gears when I see people just say 'LinandKo' because it makes them look like a brand name and not people) are rather informative, but I honestly can't sit through their videos. There are certain voice types that bother me, and unfortunately Lindsey has one of them. It's just too soft and high and sleepy at the same time. I also very rarely enjoy it when two people play a game together unless they have really good conversational chemistry like the Game Grumps or NakaTeleeli and Elemental Ogre. Lindsey and Kohei really don't talk together as much as she says something and he grunts in acknowledgement most of the time. I also seem to be one of the few who find his 'oh's more annoying than cute when I'm watching a video.

Though in case Lindsey sees this, I don't hate you guys! :( Your videos just aren't my cup of tea. I do think you're really awesome for sticking with making your videos for this long, though! I admire people who can do that without getting bored, and you also organize contests which is pretty cool.

I didn't rely on them for information in the first place. I also don't understand why some people tend to post "Ask Linandko!" in a bunch of threads I've seen. |: They're not the sole source of AC information. In fact, none of the information I know came from them. It came from Liquefy and Zen. After I get the game, I'll probably still look to Liquefy's guide on gamfaqs and Zen for help if I can't figure something out and it isn't already on Nookipedia.

I know that the two of them (and there are two of them. It kind of grinds my gears when I see people just say 'LinandKo' because it makes them look like a brand name and not people) are rather informative, but I honestly can't sit through their videos. There are certain voice types that bother me, and unfortunately Lindsey has one of them. It's just too soft and high and sleepy at the same time. I also very rarely enjoy it when two people play a game together unless they have really good conversational chemistry like the Game Grumps or NakaTeleeli and Elemental Ogre. Lindsey and Kohei really don't talk together as much as she says something and he grunts in acknowledgement most of the time. I also seem to be one of the few who find his 'oh's more annoying than cute when I'm watching a video.

Though in case Lindsey sees this, I don't hate you guys! Your videos just aren't my cup of tea. I do think you're really awesome for sticking with making your videos for this long, though! I admire people who can do that without getting bored, and you also organize contests which is pretty cool.

Wow that was harsh.. Even reading that last paragraph didn't make anything better.

It was nowhere close to being harsh. =p

Berri's opinion summed up pretty much a lot of what other people think. I agree on most of it, the only parts that I don't agree on are being able to sit through the videos, which is purely due to my own preferences.

Yeah I'd hardly consider what I said harsh. Harsh would be me being unable to say why I don't watch the videos. Like "Omg they're just awful I hate them grrrr everyone is stupid for liking them!!!" I know people like them! I think it's fine that people like them. Their videos just don't grab me like they do their fans.

And that last paragraph wasn't there to 'make anything better'. It was to verify that I don't hate them unreasonably. Because I knew someone would assume that like you did. It's called criticism, and just because someone gives criticism, it doesn't mean they hate everything about the person who made the video. And when I say "unable to sit through a video" I mean that I get distracted because I'm unable to focus on it and get pulled into what's going on. It's not like I try to watch a video and go "ahhhh so horrible ahhhh!"

You must be getting me confused with the youtube trolls. :p

It's OfficerBerri I forgive you I understand sometimes I get distracted from their videos. But I don't dislike them. They amazing people.

That's exactly what I said. I never said I disliked them, they both seem really nice, I just can't get into their videos.

Also I don't need to be forgiven for my opinion. :) I have a right to it so I do not feel bad for having it.

I've always relied on the Japanese Wiki for information and I'll continue to use it.
I just don't like when people are worshipped like they are the sole bearers of info by people like you.
THANK YOU!

Lately, I've been only answering questions on tumblr because of this. I'm sure they do a great job with their videos, but when I answer a question on here and someone posts underneath me a few hours later (not minutes, hours) with, "GO ASK LINANDKO! They know everything!!!" It's like, why bother?

Sorry. xD;

Last edited:
I don't even think Lin likes being bombarded with the same questions over and over. I don't like that, she's just a lot more polite about it than I am.

I'm not getting the guide book, so I'll be turning to Google. Or just figure it out on my own. That's my goal with this game, a whole new experience :p

Same for me! I don't think I'm going to get the Guide Book, so I'll just check back on Lin and Ko's YouTube channel. Plus, I don't think they will give up for a LONG time, because in their 2 hour special they were talking about maybe creating a small series on how to speak Japanese. Personally, I would LOVE that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back