• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

mermaid theme

I'm in love with that set... Definitely going to be one of my first goals in New Leaf. If I remember correctly, it's only available for sale through medals on the Island but I might be wrong on that.

I'm in love with that set... Definitely going to be one of my first goals in New Leaf. If I remember correctly, it's only available for sale through medals on the Island but I might be wrong on that.

You're correct.

I want this set and the Rococo Set, but I am going to be changing the Rococo Set to blue cause I prefer blue.

It looks very cute, and it matches the music boxes. I think i'd have a music box in that room instead of a stereo.

I've been in love with this set since the moment I first saw it! The fact that you can only get it from the island gives me an excuse to go down there and visit every day! I've always loved collecting seashells (I love it more now since it's a good representation of the element of water), and I'm fond of soft pastels. This set is just jaw droppingly beautiful.

I'm not gonna lie.

tbh. I really hate the mermaid theme; Honestly, I just think it's so overrated. Like this might come off as rude but it isn't meant to be;
But all Japanese players I know seem to be obsessed with it, they're all like 'zomg mermaid!'. Like tbh it just looks pretty tacky and ugly to me.
That wasn't the rude bit actually, decided not to type it b/cos it was pretty mean and probably would offend the member when they read it.

TL;DR - it's tacky and overrated.

I personally love this new series they came up with and will do whatever I can to get the entire set. It's so cute!

@Jake: Are you ever nice about anything? I mean from all the posts I've read written by you so far I've noticed they're pretty negative. No offence. If you feel that strongly about something you hate, I'd keep it to yourself. A lot of people here probably don't like it when you're rude about every little thing you hate about the game. Here's a question. If you despise this game so much then why the hell are you even discussing it? I mean seriously. At least let everyone who's excited for this game talk about it as they please without so much of your negative talking.

I'm not gonna lie.

tbh. I really hate the mermaid theme; Honestly, I just think it's so overrated. Like this might come off as rude but it isn't meant to be;
But all Japanese players I know seem to be obsessed with it, they're all like 'zomg mermaid!'. Like tbh it just looks pretty tacky and ugly to me.
That wasn't the rude bit actually, decided not to type it b/cos it was pretty mean and probably would offend the member when they read it.

TL;DR - it's tacky and overrated.

Yeah, I agree. It's too pink and purple for me. It all clashes in my opinion. Some of the stuff is cute separately, but not all together. Oh and MistyWater Jake isn't being rude. It's called expressing your opinion and you shouldn't have to keep it to yourself. It's not like Jake enjoys putting people down and being negative.

@Jake: Are you ever nice about anything? I mean from all the posts I've read written by you so far I've noticed they're pretty negative. No offence. If you feel that strongly about something you hate, I'd keep it to yourself. A lot of people here probably don't like it when you're rude about every little thing you hate about the game. Here's a question. If you despise this game so much then why the hell are you even discussing it? I mean seriously. At least let everyone who's excited for this game talk about it as they please without so much of your negative talking.

To be honest with you, this is an Animal Crossing discussion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And you started to become harsh further on, even though you meant no offence.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate everything, because if he did, he would steer clear of anything that strongly relates to Animal Crossing all together.
Also, he wasn't being rude, as he said he wasn't, and he likes what he likes.

I don't really like this set, there are too many colours used which makes the package look like 'too much', but it's not the worst set I've seen. I do like the colour blue though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. It's too pink and purple for me. It all clashes in my opinion. Some of the stuff is cute separately, but not all together. Oh and MistyWater Jake isn't being rude. It's called expressing your opinion and you shouldn't have to keep it to yourself. It's not like Jake enjoys putting people down and being negative.

I really don't see how you can say it clashes. All the colors are soft and gentle enough that it all flows together very nicely. If they had any shades of green or sharp yellow in there, I'd agree with you. The shades of orange on shells and starfish are the closest anything really gets to maybe a little clashing though. I think they would have looked even nicer as a slightly darker shade of blue or a sea green, but the orange is soft enough to be okay.

I really don't see how you can say it clashes. All the colors are soft and gentle enough that it all flows together very nicely. If they had any shades of green or sharp yellow in there, I'd agree with you. The shades of orange on shells and starfish are the closest anything really gets to maybe a little clashing though. I think they would have looked even nicer as a slightly darker shade of blue or a sea green, but the orange is soft enough to be okay.

I think I used the wrong word.... Well not like clashing like you described. I think what I meant to say was that everything looked too similar in color my opinion and it just doesn't work for my eyes. I do think that'll I'll collect a couple pieces from that set

Ah, I see what you mean. That makes sense. It could be that our eyes view colors differently. And where you see colors that don't look good together, I see a perfect blend of multiple shades of color!

I really want that carpet. It is so amazingly beautiful.

To be honest with you, this is an Animal Crossing discussion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And you started to become harsh further on, even though you meant no offence.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate everything, because if he did, he would steer clear of anything that strongly relates to Animal Crossing all together.
Also, he wasn't being rude, as he said he wasn't, and he likes what he likes.

I don't really like this set, there are too many colours used which makes the package look like 'too much', but it's not the worst set I've seen. I do like the colour blue though.
Preach it sister.

Also seriously, you're getting all ****ty because I don't like a furniture series.... LOL

I love the mermaid series :) I have never seen the Rococco series. Does anyone have a link so I can see all the furniture series in AC:NL? Perhaps it is mentioned in another thread?

Back