• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Miitopia Switch Demo/Full Game Discussion

I've never played this game (the switch demo or past versions) but I keep seeing people online making crazy cool miis with the new customization options. So fun to see people's creations, if I got the demo it would be to just make miis lmao

Just started playing the demo! I'll attach a pic of my mii if I can remember/be bothered later. It's very promising, I have been having a lot of fun with it so far. I never played the last one, only Tomodachi life+the 3ds demo so this looks like a great entry. Loving the customisation options and the general fun silliness of it. Not sure if I will buy it, I don't have many switch games and I don't have endless cash to spend so I want to pick my next switch game carefully- I still really want to try Splatoon and Stardew valley. I guess it will depend on what is on sale first.

I finally decided to try the demo. It is so cute! The only game like this I played is Find Mii and Find Mii 2. Making a full game like this is fun.

I do have to admit that when it came time to fill out the village, I stopped and I'm going on an importing and remaking Mii spree. As well as updating Miis because my friends have changed styles pretty drastically since I got their Miis.

Eep, I've fallen to the charms of Miitopia! I've never tried the previous version for the 3DS. I downloaded the demo, had a blast with the mii creator, then enjoyed the gameplay for a while. Now I've bought the full version. I really like how bright and colourful everything is.

The mii creator is something else! I hope we get Tomodachi Life for the Switch someday, with an even better mii creator. (If only there was a slider for the wigs where you could adjust the length of the hair for both the bangs and back.) Here's a screenshot of my early game party.
miitopia-partyof4.jpg

The miis are Sylvain, Caspar and Felix (Fire Emblem: Three Houses). Had a lot of fun making them. ❤

I have quite enjoyed the demo and made decide to buy it if there is nothing good coming from E3.

In case anyone is looking for more miis to add to their game, here is a new site with a growing collection.

https://www.miipedia.com/

Also, my party of 4 is at level 8 and we have a horse!
mii-myteamatlevel8-b.jpg

Does anyone else love the outings feature? I totally enjoy sending my miis off to see a movie together, drink coffee at a cafe or spend some time at the library. Their relationship is pretty good now because Felix took the initiative to give Sylvain a present. And Caspar saw that at the window and was upset because he likes Sylvain. This feels like... some alternate reality fanfic come to life. 😄

Never played any games like this before but I’m a sucker for anything customisable, so I went ahead and downloaded it!

here’s my mii:
8361CEC2-1818-45C8-8B37-E1FFBFAA39A4.jpeg

So cute!! I’m really excited to play the demo 😊

OMG I finally learned how to chibify my mii for the game! It took 3 hours of trial and error and probably at least 3 weeks worth of middle-aged brain cells. 🤪
miitopia-mymii-b.jpg

My tips for those wanting to do the same.

In the basic mii maker on the Switch, choose a round face. I used the squashed round face on the second row. Tiniest nose, tiny mouth. Eyes don't matter because you'll be making them anew later. Just make them smaller than you'd like so that they get covered by the new eyes properly. In the game creator, I replaced the eyebrows. This was the easiest part. Added blush. Then added little dots of blush using the fuzzy circles in the mask section for the nose and chin. Now the eyes. These took the most time. All the shapes I used are in the eyelashes section. I started with the whites of the eyes using half moon shapes. Adjust, resize, rotate and move. Then the top and bottom of the eyes using curve lines. Adjust, resize, rotate and move. A dark circle outline for the iris, then I filled in the dark green colour with the fuzzy circle, added a black circle for the pupil, a thick half circle line for the lighter green parts at the bottom, then two tiny white circles for the highlights. Lashes were individually added. Finally the eyelid crease with a thin curve line made long, flatter and thinner. Always check the layers section if something is out of whack. Just re-layer it. And then check the expressions to make sure the face animates properly.

It'll be tough at first but, as it is with a lot of things, once you've figured it out, it becomes much easier! Now I'm off to chibify the rest of my party! 😀

I played the demo, and while it was fun, the gameplay felt repetitive about an hour in. I like the customizations and character interactions, but I don't think it warrants the $50-60 price tag (I can get better rpgs for that price). Maybe when (if) the price lowers I'll buy it.

(Hope this isn't misinterpreted as hate for the game as I'm hoping to buy it someday.)

I played the demo, and while it was fun, the gameplay felt repetitive about an hour in. I like the customizations and character interactions, but I don't think it warrants the $50-60 price tag (I can get better rpgs for that price). Maybe when (if) the price lowers I'll buy it.

(Hope this isn't misinterpreted as hate for the game as I'm hoping to buy it someday.)

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's very repetitive. And it doesn't scratch my RPG itch at all. (My all-time favourite RPG game is Divinity: Original Sin 2.)

Having said all that, I'm quite taken with this game because it reminds me of AC and Tomodachi Life. I play AC for the animals, so even though it gets repetitive after a year, with no new events or NPCs in sight, I still enjoy interacting with my villagers every single day. Repetitive dialogue included. Likewise, when TomoLife was first launched, it was a breath of fresh air, everyone was greatly entertained by the antics of the miis. After a few weeks, though, many people were playing other games. I played it for a whole year.

Miitopia, I feel, is meant to be played for laughs. Its light-hearted approach is endearing, and it's easy enough to be played by anyone who has never played an RPG before. At its core are the miis, which I can customize to resemble people or fictitious characters I know. And this is why it's bowled me over. I like watching the interactions between the miis in my adventuring party; it's a lot like how I enjoy watching the animals on my AC island. I do feel it's pricey. But the improved mii creator is quite something to behold.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's very repetitive. And it doesn't scratch my RPG itch at all. (My all-time favourite RPG game is Divinity: Original Sin 2.)

Having said all that, I'm quite taken with this game because it reminds me of AC and Tomodachi Life. I play AC for the animals, so even though it gets repetitive after a year, with no new events or NPCs in sight, I still enjoy interacting with my villagers every single day. Repetitive dialogue included. Likewise, when TomoLife was first launched, it was a breath of fresh air, everyone was greatly entertained by the antics of the miis. After a few weeks, though, many people were playing other games. I played it for a whole year.

Miitopia, I feel, is meant to be played for laughs. Its light-hearted approach is endearing, and it's easy enough to be played by anyone who has never played an RPG before. At its core are the miis, which I can customize to resemble people or fictitious characters I know. And this is why it's bowled me over. I like watching the interactions between the miis in my adventuring party; it's a lot like how I enjoy watching the animals on my AC island. I do feel it's pricey. But the improved mii creator is quite something to behold.

I 100% completely agree with you. Miitopia doesn’t require much thought out strategy like most RPGs but it’s still fun in its own quirky way even if it is repetitive. I do like the lack of thought though for when I just want to play something chill and light.

I also second Divinity Original Sin II as being amazing for a real in depth rpg. I have never finished it, but I’m hoping to get my BF in on a co-op playthrough as he also loves rpgs and we have a decent computer now.

I do find Miitopia a bit on the expensive side even if it is still less than premium priced games. It’s $65 plus tax here, while most Switch games are $80. I think $45-$50 would have been better personally.

I had miitopia on the 3Ds and enjoyed it but I probably won’t buy this. Miitopia has funny moments and it’s charming for sure. It’s just VERY repetitive and that would be okay if it wasn’t so expensive. It’s really not worth the price. When I played through the 3DS game I had autobattle on and beat the whole game without having to interfere much. It shouldn’t be that easy. That alone made it so boring that I would be so happy to go to the Inn.

Okay, now that I finished the main storyline, I have full confidence to say that I absolutely love this game! The Miis, their interactions are charming and hilarious, the stages are visually appealing, THE MUSIC IS JUST...how can such a silly game have such an incredible soundtrack??? I don't think there was a single moment where I thought that the music was "meh". The story itself...as simple as it might seem, it works. The only thing is that clearing all of the levels gets quite repetitive, but I'm actually kinda fine with that?
So, for someone like me who never played Miitopia before, I say it's pretty worth it.

I think your description was spot on. I also really enjoy Tomodachi life and felt it was a breath of fresh air.

I've never heard of Original Sin. I'll have to look into it if it's that good.

I think your description was spot on. I also really enjoy Tomodachi life and felt it was a breath of fresh air.

I've never heard of Original Sin. I'll have to look into it if it's that good.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now on sale on Steam. At only $19.60 for another day or so. DOS2 is very meaty with a lot of content. A lot of players take over 60 hours to finish the game. Many over 100. It depends on how familiar you are with RPGs and how quickly you adapt to different situations in the game. Many spells react with environmental conditions. You can get creative with combat.

Going back to Miitopia, I've just reached Chapter 3. (I'm playing really slowly because I get distracted by the mii creator. I keep wanting to make new miis. 😅 )

I must say I like how, even though gameplay -especially the combat- is repetitive, there are still a lot of things to discover and look forward to, such as new music, new outings and new interactions, and new food! It's such a delight to feed my adventuring miis. I look forward to it all the time. Their reactions to some foods just crack me up. I never get bored of it. I wonder if anyone else enjoy doing this too? 🥫🥙🍖🍛🤤

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now on sale on Steam. At only $19.60 for another day or so. DOS2 is very meaty with a lot of content. A lot of players take over 60 hours to finish the game. Many over 100. It depends on how familiar you are with RPGs and how quickly you adapt to different situations in the game. Many spells react with environmental conditions. You can get creative with combat.

Going back to Miitopia, I've just reached Chapter 3. (I'm playing really slowly because I get distracted by the mii creator. I keep wanting to make new miis. 😅 )

I must say I like how, even though gameplay -especially the combat- is repetitive, there are still a lot of things to discover and look forward to, such as new music, new outings and new interactions, and new food! It's such a delight to feed my adventuring miis. I look forward to it all the time. Their reactions to some foods just crack me up. I never get bored of it. I wonder if anyone else enjoy doing this too? 🥫🥙🍖🍛🤤

I don't own a pc, but I see they have it on the switch (unless I'm reading wrong.) I saw some gameplay footage on YouTube and it looks pretty good! As for miitopia I do plan on buying it, I'm just holding out on a price drop or sale. 🤞

I don't own a pc, but I see they have it on the switch (unless I'm reading wrong.) I saw some gameplay footage on YouTube and it looks pretty good! As for miitopia I do plan on buying it, I'm just holding out on a price drop or sale. 🤞

Can confirm that Divinity is on Switch. It also goes on sale from time to time. Only thing about the Switch version is the graphics are very dumbed down but the game seems to play ok from my experience with it.

My code for downloading miis is: 77BNFD2

I have mostly saved ones from other creators but I have made/edited a few as well. Mine are mostly video game and anime characters for the most part.

Ahhh so my boyfriend & I started this game last weekend (well I laid on the couch, trying not to puke, watching him play and laughing) and it's just amazing haha. I love the gameplay and storyline so far!
Our main Mii is based off him (and ironically we made the Dark Lord have his Mii's face too which is HILARIOUS) and our first adventurer is my Mii! Everyone we have added so far is based off our IRL contacts.
My favorite thing is that my Mii HATES every food you give her, which is amazing since I physically couldn't eat at the time from nausea.
The game is amazing & adorable and I can't wait to play more of it!

Back