• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

MoonGlow Tours Part 2 - Western MoonGlow

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Today, Tomorrow, and the day after, you will be seeing the pictures of the town of MoonGlow, not including the houses. Like said yesterday, the town is divided into three regions, which are Western MoonGlow (north of the river, Train Station and west), Eastern MoonGlow (north of the river, east of Train Station), and Southern MoonGlow (south of the river). If you want to know why there's no Northern MoonGlow, it's because Northern MoonGlow is actually Main Street and the HH Showcase. But Western MoonGlow has a couple of major landmarks too, and they are all available at the start.

If you went by train rather than by Dream Suite, you will first land in Train Station Plaza. You can go north to Main Street, which will take you to somewhere else. But you have three places to go that will take you through town. The first picture shows the Train Station Plaza, which is covered in these triangular jade tiles. If you go south, there is a grand entry to the town rather than those small entries. That would be the Flower Clock Plaza. In the center, I placed a flower clock. On the left and right, there are round streetlights. At the front, you can find a balloon arch. That is the gate to the town. At that path, you can go left to explore Western MoonGlow, or go right to explore Eastern MoonGlow. Go south, and you'll find a small area where the hole to the Reset Center, a place Resetti will not let you in. The thin strip that divides the north side of the river into two regions may not have much, but the Flower Clock Plaza pretty much made this place more interesting. And the balloon arch would make you feel more welcome to the town.

Perhaps the most iconic landmark in every town, where the town tree stands. The same jade tiles I used for the Train Station Plaza were used for the main plaza. Originally, I had disco tile paths leading up to the tree while the rest was uncovered by path patterns, but I wanted to make it more "plaza-like" by flooding the whole plaza with jade tiles. I also aligned the same jade tiles at the outer end of the Big Lake, the larger section of the river. If you want to know why I treated the Big Lake as a plaza, it's because back in the GameCube Version, the Big Lake used to be one of the two places where town events were celebrated. The Meteor Shower, the Fireworks Festival, Harvest Moon, and the Fishing Tourneys were all hosted at the Big Lake. The others were hosted at the Wishing Well, which was the plaza back in the GameCube Version. Somehow, all events were celebrated at the Plaza in ACNL as the Big Lake becomes an abandoned site. I wanted to remind players that the Big Lake was once a place for celebrating events. Back in the GameCube Version, it even had a dock, which was removed since Wild World.

Just like in StarFall, MoonGlow's Re-Tail was right next to the train tracks. This time, it's way at the cliff. The Re-Tail may be seen in every town, but around the Re-Tail is what's even more interesting. The rose garden (like you seen in the first picture) is supposed to be a Sudoku rose garden, where no row has more than one rose of the same color, no column has more than one rose of the same color, and no 2x3 box has more than one rose of the same color. I also made sure that the rules of Sudoku applied to both 6 2x3 boxes and 6 3x2 boxes. And since the rock can't be broken, I used that rock to replace one of the orange roses. Before I had 6 colors, I only had blue, purple, and pink roses. But a 3x3 box for a Sudoku garden isn't challenging enough or interesting enough. So I got rid of half the blue, purple, and pink roses and replaced them with red, white, and orange roses. Even so, this is the only place where you can see any flower but tulips.

At the right of the Re-Tail and Sudoku garden, you can see a holding pond. Just like last town, I placed a bench near the holding pond, which is kinda like a bench made just for watching the pond. As an extra, I added a park clock on the side.

Holly's House:

View attachment 237020

At the middle of Western MoonGlow, between the Re-Tail and Town Hall areas, is one of the human houses. This may be the first human house you would be able to explore if you went through dreaming. Before Holly's house was placed there, I was originally thinking about having two animals live there, but thanks to the closeness of the right spot to the plaza, I couldn't work that out, so I made it an area for a human house instead. It may be the first house you would get to explore, but it was the house of the last character I created. I won't go over too much on why I picked the shanty house façade since I'm saving that for the house descriptions, but this house is based on the state of Florida. Since Florida has a swamp at the southern end, I wanted to make the house look like a swamp-style house, and this was the first to come to my mind.

Finally, I will go over the southern bit of Western MoonGlow. The main building in this area is the Town Hall. In case if you're wondering why I picked the Zen theme, it would have to be three reasons. One, I already used the Modern theme for the train station and town hall twice (once in Belcroft, and once in StarFall). Two, the Fairy-Tale theme looks stupid. And three, I wanted to remodel the train station and town hall exteriors to make it not generic, so I went with this. Ironically, there are no Zen Castle houses or Japanese themed rooms as this is an American town, but this is my choice.

No matter what I picked for the Town Hall, I wanted to place a billboard in front of it, make it looks like the broadcast center to MoonGlow. I also had a round streetlight along the path right of Town Hall, and a bench at the left side. The path along the Campground is adjacent to the entire cliff up to the Re-Tail, so wherever you go when entering the Campground, it will always look the same. Next to the billboard is a single house in the area, and another round streetlight can be found, along the path to the bridge that takes you to the western half of Southern MoonGlow.

The single house in the area is Roald's house. Roald is my favorite jock villager, and I wanted to have only penguin villagers. While his house may seem isolated compared to the rest, at least he gets to be with Isabelle. For the longest time, Prince had this spot, until I decided to replace all my villagers with penguins. Roald once had a house in Eastern MoonGlow too, but not after I changed that spot.

Additional Details:

• All over the north side of the river, fruit trees have their designated area. In this region, apples (the town fruit) own the plaza, lemons take the Flower Clock Plaza, pears are around the Reset Center, Durians take the sides outside the plaza, mangoes are all over Town Hall, and Oranges have the southern tip of Western MoonGlow.
  • This is the only region of MoonGlow with no access to the beaches, but it has access to Main Street and the Campground (which are additional areas outside town).
  • Despite having the most attractions (including the Main Street Attractions), it only has one villager house and one human house, with no interesting PWPs aside to the Flower Clock and Video Screen.
  • It has all of the benches north of the river, and all but one streetlight north of the river.

Attachments

• Tour of MoonGlow 07.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 07.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Tour of MoonGlow 08.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 08.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Tour of MoonGlow 09.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 09.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Tour of MoonGlow 10.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 10.JPG