• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

MoonGlow Tours Part 5 - California House

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The outside tours are over as you should know what's outside. For the next four days, I'm going to go over the four houses, why I made them, and how they represent the states they are based on. As you know, all four houses are based after the four most populous states in America, but more specifically on some aspects of it. I'm going to start out with the California house, which can be found in Southern MoonGlow on the eastern half. The owner of this house is Andrea, which is the mayor of MoonGlow and my character in Happy Home Designer.

Façade and Location:

View attachment 237051

The exterior of the California house is a golden castle. It sort of makes sense that the mayor would have a castle or a golden house, but that's not what it means. California's nickname is The Golden State, which was named after the gold rush in the 1840's. So I used the golden exteriors on every part of the house (minus the pavement). The castle part, however, was inspired by Disneyland, one of the most popular amusement parks in the United States. The Disneyland Castle was the most iconic landmark in Anaheim, the largest city in Orange County, California. So I wanted to get a castle-like design for my California house.

The house is located in Southern MoonGlow, which is the entirety of the south side of the river. Although its location is not parallel to California's location in the US, the fact that it has a lot of beaches and wind farms reflects why the California house is near the beach with a wind turbine being close.

The main room of the house is a desert-themed room, where the vista resembles the mountains and the sand resembles the desert. This is what California actually looks like if you're going through Riverside County or San Bernardino County. It's a desert with mountains. The palm-tree lamps represent the palm trees you see all over in Southern California. And the cacti and succulents represent the kind of plants you can see in the deserts of Southern California. The food on the tables is supposed to make it look like a party place, but it could symbolize the San Joaquin Valley, where a lot of agricultural activity takes place. The other two parts (the scorpion and the mannequin), don't represent the state as well, but they do fit with the theme or character. The mannequin has Andrea's work uniform when she worked for Nook's Homes, which she also stuck to as part of her mayoral outfit. The scorpion lives in a desert, and I added that to stick to the desert theme.

MoonGlow may have a lot of hotel room-alike rooms in the houses, but the left room of the California house is the only room in MoonGlow that is based on a hotel. As you see, hotels can be seen anywhere, but this one was a reference to a Disney hotel, which is you know, Orange County-related business. The panels you see represent rooms that divide the room into different rooms. There's a main room, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. The vending machines represent concierge systems in hotels. The burger meal and phone represent room service some hotels have. And the music that plays (K.K. Mambo) is a perfect musical piece for hotel-based rooms.

One of the first projects in Happy Home Designer I made and shared publicly was the Mexican Restaurant. Although all variations of the Mexican Restaurant I made in Happy Home Designer are more fancy than this (thanks to windows and ceiling items), I decided to welcome this into New Leaf and as part of my California house in the back room. I had tacos on the tables, margaritas on the counter, fast food kitchen furniture, and three booths. The different colors of the seats are the colors of the Mexican Flag (you can clearly see it if you view one way). California has a lot of Latin-American influence, and it's one of the two states with the best Mexican food (the other being Texas). Plus, California is where most famous fast food chains originated from.

One thing that first comes to mind when someone else brings up California is the beaches. And yes, it has a long coastline from north to south. Orange County has a lot of that, so I turned the right room into a beachside shop. The walls and floor clearly tells us that it's somewhere along a beach. It's like a souvenir shop. Oh, and since the house is based on California, I put in a California flag as part of the design. It may not look as realistic as the actual California flag, but it's still good enough.

Below the main room is a theater-themed room, where you can listen to bands play instruments. California is also the home to Hollywood, where most of the movies are made. Even if this room is more of a concert hall than a movie theater, there aren't enough items in ACNL to represent a movie theater, so I went with a concert hall. But I can also say this. Disney has a lot of music in their movies, and California has Disneyland. So a room on music could help fill the California theme.

Every house in MoonGlow has at least one room to represent the city. But this room isn't much about California. It's about Andrea. She's very rich, so I used the top room as a room of luxury. However, it could represent California through one way - its GDP. Out of all the states, California has the highest state GDP. It's not just where gold comes from, but also makes food, technology, other stuff. It has more companies than any other state, has corporations that control most of the internet, and makes a lot of money from tourism. Plus, the Gorgeous Series is my favorite furniture series, and California is the state I was born in.

That's all for the California house. Stay tuned for the next entry to the MoonGlow Tours.

Attachments

• Tour of MoonGlow 40.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 40.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Tour of MoonGlow 43.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 43.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Tour of MoonGlow 44.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 44.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Tour of MoonGlow 45.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 45.JPG