Most memorable gift you’ve ever received?

I had a big fascination with sports equipment as a kid.

So despite us being rather poor, my mom made things work, and lugged a full sized treadmill into the house for Christmas.

My cats brought me memorable gifts...like a partridge, a bunny...and plenty others.

As a kid. I got Barbie furniture from my aunt which was unexpected. my parents didn't really buy me toys, more books and sport equipment.

Got a banana hanger, it was so random.

One day my mom surprised me with PB&J Otter plushies. (For context, PB&J Otter is one of my favorite shows and merch for it is very hard to come across.) This was a special gift because it was nowhere near my birthday, Christmas, etc. I was very happy. Still am.

The question is most "memorable", so not necessarily "best".

Mine was when I was a kid, and my hopes were like every other child... through the roof. But my only Christmas gift for the year was an umbrella, which I never needed. And it wasn't a nice one. It was the tiny kind that you can fit into a backpack and push the button and it hopefully folds open.

This is most memorable, because as I opened it, I realized the state of my parents finances. I have never forgotten, and will always appreciate anything given to me.

EDIT - I almost forgot I also got a box of Cocoa Krispies. That was like receiving bars of gold at the time.

Last edited:
A college friend was back in town to visit after she graduated and she brought me back a CD album from one of my favorite idols! I was not expecting that at ALL so I was extremely surprised and so thankful that she remembered that I liked this group.

For my birthday this past year.. my boyfriend got me a Pompompurin plush from Build-a-Bear. He has a very hard time being affectionate at times, but he recorded a really sweet message for the plush.. It was very thoughtful of him and I'll always cherish it T^T

Hmmm.. that's tough.. Maybe the full case of Prismacolor pencils that I got for Christmas in my final year of high school. It came in a very nice wooden box and everything. I wish I had saved that box, but I was so dumb back then 😔

Definitely the crocheted yellow fish that I got as a moving away gift from an online friend at an irl hangout I planned last year. It was a massive shock since we didn't really know each other that well and I never had a friend handmake me a gift before. I almost never get gifts from friends, even irl friends I've known for many years. Having an online friend that usually goes weeks without responding to me make me a gift was surprising. I now keep it on the keyring to my shed.

if we’re talking about more neutral experiences, i once had someone regift me a gift i had given them! i didn’t mind too much, but it sure was memorable LOL

my brother got me the limited edition skies of arcadia wayo music box for christmas last year, only 250 were released in the entire world so you can imagine the price/rarity of them now

whenever i wind it up i'm just caught in the complete feels, it's such a kick of nostalgia and happiness

it genuinely terrifies me thinking about how he got it, i've promised myself i'm going to buy him something crazy good to make up for it this year

My grandfather gifted me a bunch of old newspaper from the 1940s and I can't tell you how much I cried of joy that day. I am a huge nerd when it comes to collecting historical stuff and the fact that it came from his own collection makes it even more memorable than anything I could thrift at an antique store.

Back