Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Feedback
100% (5) +
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a few suggestions on how to build up my second island, which I've completely cleared and restarted except for some terraforming. I've been looking at inspiration pictures on Pinterest, but it's quite a lot to take in. Basically, I want Parkwood to stand out dramatically from my main island Wahu, as the latter is going to be for goal-finishing and nostalgia purposes at this point. Here is basically what I'm trying to aim for:
  • Mostly citycore themed, with a few cottagecore elements and a farm somewhere in the north part.
  • Southeast part is for "wealthy villagers"; may also put my house there.
  • Southwest part is traditional suburbs; also planning on putting Nooks Cranny and Able's around here, and possibly a second player house that would have a supermarket/convenience store theme.
  • Museum would most likely be on the Northeast side, and I've already got an idea on how to execute the layout.
  • Really want to put a lighthouse on the peninsula, which is also on the Northeast side. Any ideas on how to make that area look good in particular would be appreciated.
  • Villagers currently on the island are Filbert, Punchy, Beau, Bam, Bruce, Katt, Whitney, Peanut, Lolly and Roscoe. Some of them don't exactly fit a citycore theme, as they are more so personal favorites of mine. However, I may swap out Filbert with Fauna later on.
Here's a few screenshots of what I've got so far:

Bruce's Yard.jpg

This is Bruce's house, located in the "wealthy villager" sector. It looks a bit plain at the moment, but the property will be much more decorated later on. There is another lot off-screen to the left that has a similar layout, but runs next to a river. Figuring out what to do beyond the fence on the right is going to require a bit of thinking.

Tennis.jpg

Just South of Bruce's house is a mini-tennis court just before it hits the beach. The volleyball net is a bit too high for tennis use, so I may go with a different item instead. The big fences look alright, but I don't think I'll be able to line them up evenly. The corners look like they could use a post, but I can't seem to find something that would work yet. The decorative columns are way too big.

Beach Boardwalk.jpg

The beach boardwalk that is near the airport and runs between both river mouths. I was going to plant palm trees along the stretch, but they won't grow right next to the water or runoff edges. The palm tree lamp WOULD be a good alternative, but I hate how you can't center it properly.

West Side Stair.jpg

And finally, this is the area I'm struggling with the most. I want to put a staircase next to Resident Services (you can see the gap where I'm planning on putting it), but am having trouble on how to execute it without it looking weird. There were a few ideas I've seen on Pinterest where staircases were placed like this, but from cottagecore-themed islands.

As of right now, only Bruce has a spot for his house. The others will be moved as soon as I see fit. The island is pretty barebones at this point, but I'm looking forward to continuing to work on it. Again, any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated.

DREAM ADDRESS: DA-5143-9240-1513

Back