• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

My buying animal crossing experience -A story-

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMuffinburger

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4096-7652-3321
Cake
Hello All

I just want to share my adventures with ordering the Animal Crossing Bundle -long post-

This bundle...this lovely bundle...I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK TO GET THIS THING

It all starts early may, I start looking at animal crossing things because I see Ali Trippy from CTFXC ig that she was downloading it. I call my friend wondering if the game had came out already, and start looking it up and I find it hasnt, then I find out that she was 1 of those blogger people things that got the game early to review it and stuff

Moving on, after getting more into researching the game (I forgot it existed for a while) I find the most greatest amazing thing...and I knew it was from GOD and it was made for me!!!!

So I began researching where to buy it!

Most places it was sold out!

My first purchase was made with toys r us - I ended up canceling this because I found out if I pre-ordered at the store at Game Stop I could pick it up the same day.

Cool All I needed was $25

This was awkwardly hard to get, seeing as I had to use money for other things and blah blah lol

Finally I get and Keep $25 my whole goal the entire week was to make it to game stop
(also hard to do when you dont drive >.<)

This Monday rolls around and I'm like I am finally finally able to make it to game stop I hope I'm not too late!!

I was too late I find out on tumblr (great place tumblr is) That gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders for the bundle in store.

Disappointed yes but I said well I will order it and just get 1 day shipping it wont kill me

Attempt #1- Was actually not an attempt I was just messing around to see how much it would be with tax and shipping charges and ended up buying it. (gosh I am such a genius) I cancelled it because I didnt put the cash on my card yet

Attempt #2- I bought it and everything nice and fine but then that Tuesday morning, my dog was already really really sick but this day was terribly worse her kidneys started failing so we took her to the vet and decided on putting her to sleep :( :( I ended up using that money to pay for it. So I had to cancel again.

Attempt #3- Since I used $100 for my dog I needed another $100 for the game, so I sold the xbox and everything and got it on trade credit. When I went to make the order I forgot to apply the credit -__- I know I just suck at this lol. Gamestop has a order limit of 3 on the bundle and I'm all like well sh..t I didnt even get to buy it forreal so It wouldnt let me ship it to my house under my name.

Attempt #4- My mom said she will pay for the rest of the game, since I paid to get the dog put down. So I did the order and got it shipped to my boyfriends house since I would be there anyway. I used my boyfriends email and phone number for the order last night. Just got an email saying it got cancelled. Was on the phone with game stop for like 20 min just to speak to someone...and she tells me it is because the email and phone number doesnt match the info with the financial institution (which makes sense because you know with fraud and all, I'm glad they did cancel it)

I'm a idiot I know :( lmao I wasnt even thinking about that, I used his email so that way he could track it

*sigh* Now I have just MADE THE ORDER AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME!!!! Made sure I did everything correct, made sure I applied the trade credit, made sure to use my moms info

I WILL GET THIS BUNDLE I MUST LOL, I just wanted to share my stupidity with you all lol and that this whole thing has been such a fail for me...I should have never cancelled at toys r us lol but toys r us also didnt have 1 day shipping which was more so why I wanted to buy at gamestop

Lets all point and laugh at me...this is ok lol

I won't point and laugh! I can barely talk to anyone ON THE PHONE due to my social awkwardness Dx Besides it could of been worse! Though I'm sorry to hear that about your dog D': It's in a better place now though. I'm glad you got it all sorted out now! Fifth times a charm~ xDD Good luck and I hope you have fun when you get the game! <3

~Aria.

Wow sorry about your dog. I didn't know you had to pay to put dogs down though. That's gotta be the worst thing to spend money on :'c

Glad you got your bundle though.

I also pre-ordered the bundle, and since I dont like purchasing online (I live in other country so the shipping price was high) I asked a friend that was going to the US to pre-order my bundle, and right now Im going through hell to get this thing into my hands from that store in Texas o_o I cant go myself because Im on exams and the guy from Gamestop told me I had 'just a few days' to go get it or they were going to sell my bundle o_O

I feel you... hope you get your bundle with no further problems D:
And, sorry about your dog :c

Wow sorry about your dog. I didn't know you had to pay to put dogs down though. That's gotta be the worst thing to spend money on :'c

Glad you got your bundle though.

thank you so much <3 its been really rough for me this week so i am exicted about the game coming out to take my mind off of it...and yes and it can get pretty expensive the standard rate at most vets is $300 for it..we got it done at the animal shelter for $60 and we got to be in with her most places charge you to be in with this which is crazy to me

Wow, that was far too much trouble to have gone through :( but smile! The game is just around the corner. :)

I also pre-ordered the bundle, and since I dont like purchasing online (I live in other country so the shipping price was high) I asked a friend that was going to the US to pre-order my bundle, and right now Im going through hell to get this thing into my hands from that store in Texas o_o I cant go myself because Im on exams and the guy from Gamestop told me I had 'just a few days' to go get it or they were going to sell my bundle o_O

I feel you... hope you get your bundle with no further problems D:
And, sorry about your dog :c

oh yeah gamestop only holds pre-orders for 48 hrs then they have right to sell it, good luck on those exams and do your best to hurry and get it so they dont sell yours :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, that was far too much trouble to have gone through :( but smile! The game is just around the corner. :)

yes yes it almost is :) ive been positive and paitent with everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back