• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My first *ATTEMPT* at anime!!

??creativegirl??

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I drew these during my first hour class today, the one in the bottom left hand corner is my first one EVER. Is it any good??

myfirstanimezn7.jpg

Woah. Not bad for a start but it needs work.

First off Anime eyes are NEVER that big. Maybe scale it down a little. The nose needs to be a bit more well realistic. Also it shouldn't be so flat. Make shadows have it pop out more. You know the drill.

You've gotten somewhere but you're still not close.

OddCrazyMe said:

First off Anime eyes are NEVER that big. Maybe scale it down a little. The nose needs to be a bit more well realistic. Also it shouldn't be so flat. Make shadows have it pop out more. You know the drill.

Cool Thanks! :lol:

Well actually I have definitely seen eyes bigger on some animie, but it does depend on how realistic you are going for.

Odd surely you've seen some random animie that is 100% unrealistic

:p

I think Krillin's eyes on DBZ are close to that scale

I'm working on trying to make the eyes smaller, but it just doesnt WORK for me. It's my style. If I make the eyes small, then the whole face looks deformed. :lol:

And as for the realistic thing, probably about anywhere from 30-60%. Half cartoon, half anime.

Eyes are too big, and have way too many eyelashes.

Faces need to be more roundish, and not be like pointed off.

Hair needs to be more realistic.

I don't know what you're doin' with their cheeks, but I guess thats okay...every person should have their own style of anime.

I second what Ultra said, more round, less point.

@Sporge's Krillin remark:

The eyes look manic. Aside from that, you might want to revise how you do the hair. How it is at the moment, it seems to be almost one solid object. It's pretty easy to break it up a bit. I guess all you have to do is continue the lines a little further. If you're as lazy as I am, this sort of thing will do:
boredommmmm.GIF

Have fun drawing hands.

;)

I generally like to do everything within my power to have to avoid drawing them. And as for feet? Oh dear god.

OddCrazyMe said:

Don't know what anime you're watching OCM... anime eyes are almost always bigger than normal.

eyes1212fj8.png

One of few exceptions is outlined in red.

As far as I remember, the eyes in Akira weren't that oversized, and let's be honest... Akira blows crap like DBZ away both in terms of content and artistic style.

KatzMotel said:
As far as I remember, the eyes in Akira weren't that oversized, and let's be honest... Akira blows crap like DBZ away both in terms of content and artistic style.
*Craps on Akira* Never even heard of that anime, which means it's not good enough to be called a good anime. DBZ is way better than any Akira anime.

KatzMotel said:
I generally like to do everything within my power to have to avoid drawing them. And as for feet? Oh dear god.
Shoes, or large boots all the way! And long sleeves to cover up the hands.

Okay, well to everyone out there fighting over whether the eyes should be big or not, here you go:
It's my style, How I draw them, if you don't like it, DONT LOOK AT MY DRAWINGS.

Back