• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My first *ATTEMPT* at anime!!

??creativegirl?? said:
Okay, well to everyone out there fighting over whether the eyes should be big or not, here you go:
It's my style, How I draw them, if you don't like it, DONT LOOK AT MY DRAWINGS.
I agree with you on the "your style thing", everyone has their own style.

But, you can't tell people not to look at your drawings. You can't expect everyone's comments to be positive...

Super_Naruto said:
KatzMotel said:
As far as I remember, the eyes in Akira weren't that oversized, and let's be honest... Akira blows crap like DBZ away both in terms of content and artistic style.
*Craps on Akira* Never even heard of that anime, which means it's not good enough to be called a good anime. DBZ is way better than any Akira anime.
Ahahaha! You haven't heard of Akira? Akira is one of the most critically acclaimed Japanese animated films to date. Despite being infinitely better as far as artistic style is concerned when compared to DBZ, it also has a storyline that actually works on a deeper level than the 'good guy and bad guy grunting at each other for 20 hours' you get with DBZ.

But whatever, dude. Go back to Naruto, Pok

Super_Naruto said:
KatzMotel said:
As far as I remember, the eyes in Akira weren't that oversized, and let's be honest... Akira blows crap like DBZ away both in terms of content and artistic style.
*Craps on Akira* Never even heard of that anime, which means it's not good enough to be called a good anime. DBZ is way better than any Akira anime.
God your all fighting over DBZ. Its proabably one of the most stupid thing to ever hit the planet, next to pokemon.

Super_Naruto said:
KatzMotel said:
dude, thats like saying things outside of your frontal vision don't exist. Just because you've never heard of something doesn't mean its bad.

Gengar said:
??creativegirl?? said:
Okay, well to everyone out there fighting over whether the eyes should be big or not, here you go:

But, you can't tell people not to look at your drawings. You can't expect everyone's comments to be positive...
I know that, but they say "Oh it bugs me so much you need to cut it out" junk like that (not necissarily here on TBT, but they do) and if it bugs you and you hate it so much, then why do you keep coming back and looking at it?

??creativegirl?? said:
Gengar said:
??creativegirl?? said:

I know that, but they say "Oh it bugs me so much you need to cut it out" junk like that (not necissarily here on TBT, but they do) and if it bugs you and you hate it so much, then why do you keep coming back and looking at it?
On the flip side, if you hate people saying it so much, then why do you post your stuff in the first place? People criticise things- it's a fact of life. Sure, you can have your own style, but you can't stop people from criticising it either.

??creativegirl?? said:
Uhh... I wouldn't call it your "style" if its the first drawing you've ever made in that type...

It looks decent for a first go... I would never show any of my drawings in public, so you've got that above me. >.>

KatzMotel said:
??creativegirl?? said:
Gengar said:
??creativegirl?? said:

On the flip side, if you hate people saying it so much, then why do you post your stuff in the first place? People criticise things- it's a fact of life. Sure, you can have your own style, but you can't stop people from criticising it either.
Thats what I was trying to say, Excactly. Creativegirl, as long as the critisism is atleast slightly constructive, you can't refuse to hear it.

Gengar said:
KatzMotel said:
??creativegirl?? said:
Gengar said:
??creativegirl?? said:

Thats what I was trying to say, Excactly. Creativegirl, as long as the critisism is atleast slightly constructive, you can't refuse to hear it.
Exactly. Critisism helps you get better.

CreativeGirl, constructive criticism is the best thing in this world, and if you post your own art and then expect only praise, then don't post it at all. You should accept any kind of criticism and improve your future drawings; it is the ONLY way you'll improve at all.

Here are my two cents - While it's pretty good, I do have to say that the eyes are way too big, even for anime characters...

T.T

u ppl dont get it.

I dont mind the critisism, but I invite it openly and you post about it more and more and more and more and more. that gets annoying.

And yes its my style. Not necissarily for anime, but everything i draw. they have big eyes. MY STYLE.

what bugs me is that you guys think you know me more than i do because i post ONE FRIGGIN PIC.

??creativegirl?? said:
T.T

u ppl dont get it.

I dont mind the critisism, but I invite it openly and you post about it more and more and more and more and more. that gets annoying.

And yes its my style. Not necissarily for anime, but everything i draw. they have big eyes. MY STYLE.

what bugs me is that you guys think you know me more than i do because i post ONE FRIGGIN PIC.
I didn't see where you invited it openly.

Your style, okay; you should still accept criticism because the fact that it's your style doesn't make it any better.

We don't act like we know more than you do, we just assume the role of critics.

Bulerias said:
??creativegirl?? said:
T.T

u ppl dont get it.

I didn't see where you invited it openly.

Your style, okay; you should still accept criticism because the fact that it's your style doesn't make it any better.

We don't act like we know more than you do, we just assume the role of critics.
100% seconded.

Back