• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My first sig

Jtcuth48

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
This is my first sig I made with the GIMP. Please give me suggestions about how I can make it better. I had fun making this.

jtcuthsig1.gif

Good 1st sig.

:D

A couple tips for next time:
-Add a border
-Do more with the BG... it'd really obvious you just blended Link renders back there

;)

And just mess around with stuff, see what things do, and you'll get better.

:D

Pretty good for a first try.

^_^

....I only have MS paint....but I'm still attempting to make something....

...Too lazy to get GIMP.

To add a border, add a new layer once you finish everything else (generally... unless you want certain things over the border).

Then, do the following:
-Select -> All
-Select -> Shrink (Usually 1 or 2 pixels, but try it out to see what size you like better for what you're working on)
-Select -> Invert
-Now choose a brush or something else to color in the selected area. You may want to change the opacity from 100 to something else to make the border partially see-thru.

Jtcuth48 said:
Okay, I tried that... how does this look?
Thats a step up, but you need to learn how to make a background without just using brushes/filters.

the text could be better... try adding some blending options to it.

the render was cut decently for the tools used... but I'd suggest using the pen tool on it, it works a lot better than a lasso/magic wand.

mmkay... well, make the text match more with the background. I just hate it when say there is a green background, and blue/red text that doesn't fit at all.

oh, and same with the pictures, they don't match/blend with the backgrounds really.

Back