TheDoctor said:
Jas0n said:
nice gradients bro
Is that Good or Bad?
Well let's take a look:

Step 1) WOO RANDOMLY CLICK ALL OVER THE PLACE TO PUT GRADIENTS DOWN WEEE
Step 2) Place Render
Step 3) Put Some Text.

I'm sorry, but I don't take any kind of artwork that has taken no more than 2 minutes seriously whatsoever.

follow some tuts m8. they'll help =] its always hard when u first start out. learning the functions of photoshop is a circumspect task

Honestly, I think they are okay.

But a bit too big and awfully plain. Maybe it's just the background you used, but you're better than most people :D

These are not good at all.
You should never post your worst sigs. You should keep that as a reminder of how much you improved, but never post them and ask for criticism, unless you want to be torn down and beaten. Once you get better, maybe after some tutorials, then you should post your new signatures.

Happy Mask Salesman said:
These are not good at all.
You should never post your worst sigs. You should keep that as a reminder of how much you improved, but never post them and ask for criticism, unless you want to be torn down and beaten. Once you get better, maybe after some tutorials, then you should post your new signatures.
For once you say something handy

Sab said:
follow some tuts m8. they'll help =] its always hard when u first start out. learning the functions of photoshop is a circumspect task
I use GIMP (Cba to pay for Photoshop) I've looked at a few tutorials. (I now know how to change the colour of people's hair and eyes and how to make a glowy beam thing.)

TheDoctor said:
Sab said:
I use GIMP (Cba to pay for Photoshop) I've looked at a few tutorials. (I now know how to change the colour of people's hair and eyes and how to make a glowy beam thing.)
Those kind of aren't needed for graphics. Lighting can be added in many different ways, and here's just a select few I prefer. Use a soft brush to brush white and make it a soft light layer. Use a lighting filter (a bit clunky sometimes, but gets the job done), and increasing the dodge amount (not very recommended, but I guess if you need a mild touch up.)

EDIT: If you're willing to take illegal action, you could pirate Photoshop CS5 easily. It's like 10 times better than Gimp and I recommend you learn Photoshop first, since Photoshop is the standard for image editing. Again, this is only if you want to.

NikoKing said:
TheDoctor said:
Sab said:
Those kind of aren't needed for graphics. Lighting can be added in many different ways, and here's just a select few I prefer. Use a soft brush to brush white and make it a soft light layer. Use a lighting filter (a bit clunky sometimes, but gets the job done), and increasing the dodge amount (not very recommended, but I guess if you need a mild touch up.)
There's also Filters>Light and Shadow>Lighting Effects.

These are horribly generic and bland. However my first few sigs looked like that, back when I used GIMP. lolgimp. Anyway search some tutorials and learn new concepts and methods to make your sigs more...purposeful.

Muffun said:
NikoKing said:
TheDoctor said:
Sab said:

These are horribly generic and bland. However my first few sigs looked like that, back when I used GIMP. lolgimp. Anyway search some tutorials and learn new concepts and methods to make your sigs more...purposeful.
Yeah, I haven't done a sig in a while so I sorta forgot :p .

I also def. agree with you on making the sigs purposeful. Sigs should have inspiration to them, and not be half assed or rushed.

NikoKing said:
Muffun said:
NikoKing said:
TheDoctor said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I also def. agree with you on making the sigs purposeful. Sigs should have inspiration to them, and not be half assed or rushed.
You should get back into it. Right now the only recently noteworthy sig makers are Sab, m12, Jas0n and myself I guess. It's kind of dead.

Muffun said:
NikoKing said:
Muffun said:
NikoKing said:

You should get back into it. Right now the only recently noteworthy sig makers are Sab, m12, Jas0n and myself I guess. It's kind of dead.
>implying tbt is the only place graphic artists exist

:p

Muffun said:
NikoKing said:
Muffun said:
NikoKing said:

The signature fad is definitely over, the amount of comments I get on my new sigs have dwindled down to maybe 1 or 2.

Okay, after reading your comments I'm gonna see if anyone in my family will buy me photoshop as a christmas present, for now I'll watch more GIMP tutorials and spend more time on making my signatures better...the only problem is I have school and loads of Homework, plus I've got unfinished Fanfics that I want to finish...I'm gonna start on a sig tonight and hopefully post it here on saturday, so I'll work on it every night and try to make it look better.

TheDoctor said:
Okay, after reading your comments I'm gonna see if anyone in my family will buy me photoshop as a christmas present, for now I'll watch more GIMP tutorials and spend more time on making my signatures better...the only problem is I have school and loads of Homework, plus I've got unfinished Fanfics that I want to finish...I'm gonna start on a sig tonight and hopefully post it here on saturday, so I'll work on it every night and try to make it look better.
last i remember, photoshop costs a least $100-200.. i know you live in europe/england somewhere, but.. yeah.

unless you're against pirating it, in which case GIMP can still work.. if you just tinker around with it more. i guess.

Psychonaut is using it right now, but isn't "making sigs"
Psychonaut is just manipulating images, which is what it was meant to do

156v7mr.gif

They're not amazing, let's just say that.

Psychonaut said:
TheDoctor said:
last i remember, photoshop costs a least $500+.. i know you live in europe/england somewhere, but.. yeah.

unless you're against pirating it, in which case GIMP can still work.. if you just tinker around with it more. i guess.

Fix'd.

The $100-$200 is upgrading, the Adobe Photoshop on its own is around $700+. The Suite is about $2000.

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
TheDoctor said:
last i remember, photoshop costs a least $500+.. i know you live in europe/england somewhere, but.. yeah.

Fix'd.

The $100-$200 is upgrading, the Adobe Photoshop on its own is around $700+. The Suite is about $2000.
:O Why....I can't afford that...I guess GIMP is what I'll be using for a couple of years now...

TheDoctor said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
TheDoctor said:

Fix'd.

:O Why....I can't afford that...I guess GIMP is what I'll be using for a couple of years now...
pirating bro.

Back