• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

My solution to the TBT interest system

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I'm gonna start with a disclaimer. No, I am not a mod, nor am I an admin. I'm not even a staff member. But I have an idea for the system that was disabled about two years ago. So keep in mind that my idea is unofficial, but I would appreciate a staff response to my idea.

The Interest System:

One of the best features on Bell Tree Forums is the forum currency you can earn for posting. You can buy collectibles, add-ons, or stuff from other members. You can earn TBT Bells through many ways. However, the staff do not allow people abusing the system as it can result in total confiscation of TBT Bells, along with a suspension. And yes, there are some systems that the admins can disable altogether if it's something people can get away with abuse. It has happened before. Welcome Bells were no longer being distributed because of people creating multiple accounts. The poll creation bells have been wedged down because of people making useless or unnecessary polls in Brewster's Café. And birthday bells have beem reduced to 70 Bells because some users were changing their birthdays back to 100 years ago to get more TBT. I don't get why people keep abusing these systems and why they are desperate for TBT Bells, but their actions affect everyone.

One of the most well-known systems that was disabled due to abuse was the interest system in the ABD. If you want to know what it was, it's a system where you can collect daily interest for storing TBT Bells. You could only collect it once every 24 hours. But there were some who were abusing the system, by sending TBT Bells to each other just to collect daily interest. I don't know how long they were doing it since it was disabled very early in my membership days, but it was not intended for this. But the abuse was not the only reason why the interest system has been disabled. There were other problems. As much as I can remember, it was 0.1% of what you have in your ABD. The problem, it's only making the richer members on the forum even richer while having no use for any other members. The fact is, you can only make interest if you have 1,000 TBT Bells. It's not even easy to make 100 TBT in one day unless if you're selling items, art, or collectibles. If you only make TBT Bells strictly through posting, chances are that you would only make 500 to 1,000 TBT a month, depending on the case. So if you don't have very much TBT and not own rare collectibles (or you do, but refuse to sell), it will take about one month to get enough TBT to start earning interest. On the other end, if you had 100,000 TBT Bells, you can earn 3,000 TBT a month through just collecting interest. Let me tell you how much 100,000 TBT is. A low value on TBT in comparison to ACNL is still a lot of TBT Bells. If you had 100,000 TBT Bells, you have the equivalence of 1,000,000,000 Bells in Animal Crossing. Even if exchange rates change, 1,000 TBT is still a lot. If you even think 10,000 Bells in-game is too high, then 1 TBT Bell would be a lot to you. That, and collectibles tend to have ridiculously high prices if you buy at the TBT Marketplace.

The combination of the interest system only benefitting those with a lot of TBT to the extreme and the abuse of the system was what lead the system to be disabled. It's been down for two years, and the staff have no plans on reviving it anytime soon.

My idea:

I came up with a solution to fix the interest system, but it's in four points.

• The interest rate should be raised to 1% so for every 100 TBT you have in your ABD, you should have 1 TBT.
  • Make it a weekly interest instead of a daily interest. Instead of being able to collect interest once a day, it should be once a week.
  • The maximum you can earn for collecting interest is 25 TBT Bells. If you have 2,500 TBT in the ABD, you can collect 25 TBT as your interest. If you have 5,000 TBT, it's still 25 TBT. If you have 10,000 TBT, you can still only collect 25 TBT.
  • If you collect your interest, you cannot deposit or withdraw TBT for 24 hours. It will prevent users from sending TBT around just to collect interest.

If this idea gets implemented, the maximum interest you can make in one year would be 1,300 TBT, regardless of how much you have in your ABD as long as the minimum is 2,500 TBT. I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I do hope the staff likes my idea on the interest system.

Back