Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Enchanted Forest Scenery
Lily of the Valley
Caustic Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Enchanted Forest Scenery
I got my switch lite when pokemon swsh released. Ive spent tons of time on it and now my buttons are wearing out. My A button will activate if you touch it without actually pressing it in. I didnt know if there was a way to replace the buttons. Or if it would be worth doing so.
I kinda wish i bought a switch because then i could just replace the joy con. I never had buttons wear out on me before.

And although im pretty sure it wouldnt effect this, i also dont want to lose my animal crossing save data.

Tbh, I always knew this would happen to people. It's one of the main reasons why I was skeptical of the Switch Lite from the beginning. I've seen the way that controllers wear out on regular systems. I've had controllers need replacing from every console gen back to the original Playstation. It has always been a prevalent issue.

That said, Nintendo has dodged this issue with past handhelds, because they always had an upgrade that was relatively affordable. The GBC replaced the GB, then the Gameboy Advance, the micro, the SP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DSXL, etc. You always upgraded to the new thing before the buttons would become a problem. With Switch, the system is honestly too expensive for that. A replacement system will probably come eventually. But, it isn't as easy for people to just say "oh...the new upgrade is out". You avoid this problem with the standard system by replacing the individual joycons. Something most people end up doing just for fun. With Switch Lite, you have the glaring problem of not having that option.

Anyway, if you need to replace your system, you can use the transfer tool for Animal Crossing and your data should be fine. Replacing or cleaning buttons is a thing that people do. But, you probably don't want to do it yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

Tbh, I always knew this would happen to people. It's one of the main reasons why I was skeptical of the Switch Lite from the beginning. I've seen the way that controllers wear out on regular systems. I've had controllers need replacing from every console gen back to the original Playstation. It has always been a prevalent issue.

That said, Nintendo has dodged this issue with past handhelds, because they always had an upgrade that was relatively affordable. The GBC replaced the GB, then the Gameboy Advance, the micro, the SP, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DSXL, etc. You always upgraded to the new thing before the buttons would become a problem. With Switch, the system is honestly too expensive for that. A replacement system will probably come eventually. But, it isn't as easy for people to just say "oh...the new upgrade is out". You avoid this problem with the standard system by replacing the individual joycons. Something most people end up doing just for fun. With Switch Lite, you have the glaring problem of not having that option.

Anyway, if you need to replace your system, you can use the transfer tool for Animal Crossing and your data should be fine. Replacing or cleaning buttons is a thing that people do. But, you probably don't want to do it yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

It had crossed my mind before I bought the switch lite, but I never wore out buttons before so I figured I'd be fine. You make a great point about the system upgrades. In the past I did buy some with the other systems. Well, my plan is to just get a regular switch later.. but I'm going to wait for my buttons to get worse... and to have money... and make sure I get the newer model 001-.
So the transfer tool for Animal Crossing I won't have to contact Nintendo for? I looked it up on the Nintendo website but I wanted to make sure. I would cry if I lost my current data because I finally love my island. And it looks like I don't have to be another copy of the game.
I don't know what I am doing so I am not going to attempt cleaning my buttons lol. But I don't think they are needing cleaned. My A button is like, super loose feeling compared to the others and is super sensitive but often delayed. Thanks for your reply. I found out a few days ago they don't sell replacement buttons. Only button shells. :(
Transfer Tool for ACNH

If I had to guess the little membranes in behind the buttons are worn out/ripped. That happened with my old DS Lite back in the day. Basically the physical button you see on the outside pushes down on the membrane on the inside and makes contact with the Switch’s motherboard in order to register the button press. They were pretty easy to replace on the DS though I’m not sure about the Switch.

You would definitely have to open the system up to replace them though.

They look like this and are often not overly expensive online. The big cross looking one is for A/B/X/Y and D-pad.

E4128D62-D8FA-4D0A-A7C6-3B0D4EAF6E4C.jpeg

Last edited:
i bought a wireless controller for my switch lite since i was worried about this same issue! its an ok solution if you don‘t mind the size discrepancy between screen and controller lol

i bought a wireless controller for my switch lite since i was worried about this same issue! its an ok solution if you don‘t mind the size discrepancy between screen and controller lol
Lol you know what, that is something i could deal with. I didnt think about that. I ll look into that as a temporary solution. Thanks.

If I had to guess the little membranes in behind the buttons are worn out/ripped. That happened with my old DS Lite back in the day. Basically the physical button you see on the outside pushes down on the membrane on the inside and makes contact with the Switch’s motherboard in order to register the button press. They were pretty easy to replace on the DS though I’m not sure about the Switch.

You would definitely have to open the system up to replace them though.

They look like this and are often not overly expensive online. The big cross looking one is for A/B/X/Y and D-pad.

View attachment 355550
I was hoping for this but there doesnt seem to be any for the switch?? Idk.

I just wanted to give an update lol. So I was able to find some button replacements and they came in today!! took out the old ones. My A button was 3/4 s of the way ripped off completely. I still recommend getting a regular switch. That was insane.. and soo many screws!!

I just wanted to give an update lol. So I was able to find some button replacements and they came in today!! took out the old ones. My A button was 3/4 s of the way ripped off completely. I still recommend getting a regular switch. That was insane.. and soo many screws!!

I’m glad you were able to get them fixed at least! :)

Back