• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

My Thoughts #1: Fluttercord

Discord

Chaotic Demon
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Hello guys, judging by the title of this blog post, you can tell that this is already going to be my thoughts on the popular MLP ship Fluttercord. For those who don't know, it's a pairing of Discord and Fluttershy from the widely known show, My Little Pony.

So I'm going to be discussing my personal thoughts on this:
View attachment 179339

I'm wish I could be discussing my thoughts on this but I'm not going to since most of you know me whenever I bring up the topic on this MLP ship in particular:

Dislestia

I personally do not like Fluttercord for many reasons in particular, one is due to their friendship. I have to admit, their relationship is cute but making them lovers just doesn't seem right. There were multiple moments where it did seem like there was a hint of love, especially in the episode Make New Friends But Keep Discord which was a pretty great episode.

Another is due to how illogical this ship can be, what do I mean by illogical? Well one reason is that friendship shouldn't be underestimated and that love can destroy one completely. I also almost forgot to mention age difference, basically look at the age difference and how absurd it would be, a 1000-year old demon and (Fluttershy's age is unknown but she may be in her mid-30's) a 35 year old horse, it just doesn't seem right.

Although my thoughts may sound ridiculous to some of you guys, I actually admittedly find Fluttercord fairly cute but not as cute as Dislestia. I'm not saying that Fluttercord should just die out but if you ship Fluttercord, go ahead, ship it, I personally dislike it when a Fluttercord shipper tries to impose the ship or shoves it all up in my face.

-Discord

Dislestia is a good ship. However, I kind of believe they used to date, but Celestia with all of her royal duties didn't have enough time for a boyfriend. They broke up, and Discord went around spreading chaos. In other words, I think there was a romance between them once, but it kind of crashed and burned.

Also, I thought the Spirit of Chaos would appreciate illogical things. ;)

You're not wrong, ship Discord with Spike for all I care, I was just telling you my opinion. I wasn't trying to impose Fluttercord upon you.

Even though it is clearly OTP. :p

Koopa K;bt12960 said:
You're not wrong, ship Discord with Spike for all I care, I was just telling you my opinion. I wasn't trying to impose Fluttercord upon you.

Even though it is clearly OTP. :p
Comment due for deletion #1

I honestly have headcanons over Discord's backstory and how Dislestia comes into play on it.

But when it comes to shipping, I have no problem what people ship (Okay I may have a bit of a problem with Somblestia so you can call me a hypocrite on that part) and that if they want to ship it, let them enjoy it. Most of the time it seems that Hasbro just sweeps their ships under the rug such as MarbleMac due to it only appearing in one episode or *cough* Somblestia as it appeared only in one issue. I concur with you on what you said, my headcanon comes from the fanfic Discordantly on DeviantArt.

I loved the episode Dungeons and Discords tho

Back