• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

NEW Animal Crossing 3ds Trailer & Images links:

To be honest, I bet I will be looked down for this, But it doesn't look like anything special and I can see myself getting bored of it within like a day.

Eh, I agree. It has a fancy new design and a few new features but besides that it's still the same game I've played 3 times already.

Eh, I agree. It has a fancy new design and a few new features but besides that it's still the same game I've played 3 times already.

Because we were totally the mayor in all of the past three games.

I honestly don't know what people even expect from an Animal Crossing sequel anymore. It's like they'd have to make it into a completely different series for people to acknowledge that it is any different, and that is ridiculous.

I liked the music I heard from the trailer, sounds like Epic Yarn really. That said, it'll be far more relaxing that usual. Hopefully that one plays at night or something. The trailer was cool too, but I didn't really see anything that new other than stumps have a use.

I wish they could confirm the animal tracks thing :/ I'll get the game either way.

Last edited:
I did see that, but I reckon that actually because of the new 360 turning degree (in houses, you see) I reckon they might have brought it outside, so you can have houses on different angles, facing sideways and things like that. If that was the case, the waterfall would be facing down, but your house sideways.. or something like that :p

Also, guys, the furniture customisation is RIDICULOUSLY OBVIOUS! I mean come on.. am I the only one who noticed that actually, the two sofas, the one she was sitting on then the one she placed are the same sofa with different cushions?! Perhaps you can colour just the cushions and maybe make your own duvets or something, I don't know, but customisation is clear here. Ok :3

Because we were totally the mayor in all of the past three games.

I honestly don't know what people even expect from an Animal Crossing sequel anymore. It's like they'd have to make it into a completely different series for people to acknowledge that it is any different, and that is ridiculous.
They just add small features in each game, Last time there was the city, Which wasn't really great. This time there you can swim and become mayor etc, Well it doesn't make the game fun "swimming". After you have finished all of the new features, You'll go online then you will be thinking, "Whats next?". Yeah true that they can't really do anything to make everyone happy but they can't just make it the same game. Just my opinion but you've got to see what I mean.

They just add small features in each game, Last time there was the city, Which wasn't really great. This time there you can swim and become mayor etc, Well it doesn't make the game fun "swimming". After you have finished all of the new features, You'll go online then you will be thinking, "Whats next?". Yeah true that they can't really do anything to make everyone happy but they can't just make it the same game. Just my opinion but you've got to see what I mean.

I don't see your point... This time.

I'm not going to argue that City Folk made any major positive changes, because it most certainly didn't.

However, I don't know how you can look at this game and say that it's the same thing. Being the mayor is something completely new, and I don't know why in the world people are already writing it off as the same game when we have something like that confirmed to us. At least wait until we find out what being a mayor changes before we come to such drastic conclusions.

All games get boring after a while. Every single one of them. Don't get mad at this series and write it off as the same thing just because it gets boring after a while. This game looks like it will be very different from anything the series has ever been. It clearly has the highest potential of giving us the most replay value since the very first AC.

I don't see your point... This time.

I'm not going to argue that City Folk made any major positive changes, because it most certainly didn't.

However, I don't know how you can look at this game and say that it's the same thing. Being the mayor is something completely new, and I don't know why in the world people are already writing it off as the same game when we have something like that confirmed to us. At least wait until we find out what being a mayor changes before we come to such drastic conclusions.

All games get boring after a while. Every single one of them. Don't get mad at this series and write it off as the same thing just because it gets boring after a while. This game looks like it will be very different from anything the series has ever been. It clearly has the highest potential of giving us the most replay value since the very first AC.

I totally agree with this. I've played games before and have gotten bored from them.
Just because it's in the same game series dosen't necessarily mean it's all repetitive.

acmap1.jpg

Town map from 3DS buzz.com
Train is back, and so is Animal Island. And a "City-like" part of town.

acmap1.jpg

Town map from 3DS buzz.com
Train is back, and so is Animal Island. And a "City-like" part of town.

This picture is so interesting. Especially since I haven't played GC yet, this'll be a great time to see somewhat of what it is like.

I think that GC Island is bigger than Nds and Wii versions but now, that island(3DS)has been "remaked", maybe is bigger than GC version.

Back