• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct - February 1st (Japanese)

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/direct20130201/index.html

This just popped up on Nintendo's website, I have no idea what it is yet. 38 minutes long daaaaamn. Will update post later when I figure out what exactly it is.

EDIT: It looks like it's another video with some of the developers playing the game similarly to the original Animal Crossing Direct back in October. Nothing really in news besides the new Campus DLC items. Very cool they did another video though!

Last edited:
It's cool that you can wake up Gulliver with the megaphone instead of having to try and talk to him 5 or 6 times before he finally awakes.

It's cool that you can wake up Gulliver with the megaphone instead of having to try and talk to him 5 or 6 times before he finally awakes.

Agreed, I got annoyed just by keep on talking to him, like gracie (AC:WW) I had to keep on talking for my free shirt >:3

LOL I forgot about the megaphone.
This ND is directed for Japan though, not America or Europe though?

I got excited and thought it would be the nintendo direct for NOA/NOE :( Oh well, this is still cool.

That was pointless IMO. Should wait for a translation though but seems really stupid

All I learned was that instead of talking to Gulliver several times to wake him up you can just use the megaphone. Wow really useful info thx :)

That was pointless IMO. Should wait for a translation though but seems really stupid

All I learned was that instead of talking to Gulliver several times to wake him up you can just use the megaphone. Wow really useful info thx :)

It's not meant for new information really, it's more like a developer Let's Play in my opinion. An advertising tool for Nintendo too.

It's not meant for new information really, it's more like a developer Let's Play in my opinion. An advertising tool for Nintendo too.

They need to advertise for a game which sold 2,000,000 copies in 2 months?

They need to advertise for a game which sold 2,000,000 copies in 2 months?

Yes, it's been successful. In Nintendo's eyes though that probably just means it can be even more successful. Iwata mentioned before that the original video got a ton of views especially on smartphones so they're probably hoping for the same again with this one.

Oh Nintendo, I can't tell if you're trying to get us ready for a release date announcement, or if this is just straight up for Japanese players and we haven't even crossed their minds.
I was really hoping today would be a Nintendo Direct announcement, but maybe that's on the horizon.
Please cross your fingers that it's soon!!

I'm surprised they made another one of these. Although there wasn't much new information, it was still enjoyable to watch. Not really a big fan of the new dlc though.

Mind you, I don't understand one lick of Japanese, but did they say that you could call Joan and Sahara using the megaphone...that would be so cool so you don't have to go looking all over town for them.

im already bored with new leaf and i havent even played it yet

I'm getting really disappointed in a few members here on TBT who are being smartasses just because they didn't give out a release date.

On subject, I thought it was a great video. If you watch close enough through the video, you might find some things you didn't know about.

Back