• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf at Midnight?

jesughs

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So for those getting New Leaf digitally from the eShop like me...

Will you be starting the game at midnight? Will you wait until morning to play? Or will you simply skip your time ahead to make it daytime?

Personally, I'm not yet sure what I'll do. There isn't much to do in Animal Crossing at midnight unless you count wi-fi. But I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge!

I was tempted to buy the game at midnight but like you said there's not much to do at night and I try not to time travel. I'll pick up my physical copy after work on Sunday then play it around late noon.

I'm going to start right after it's finished downloading and do the tutorial, and probably head over to Jubs' since his stores will still be opened. lol

I already have my 3DS loaded up with $40 and I plan to download it at midnight. I might not play it until morning, though, it depends how tired I am from work.

I'm not. Though, if I was, midnight Eastern Time is 1pm on Sunday for me. It's a great time to play AC. ;)

I only went to a midnight release once - for one of the Harry Potter books. Maybe it was the 6th one? Anyway, I only got a few chapters in before I wanted to go to sleep since I had to get up early that day. I've never gone to a video game midnight release. Video games require more brain power than reading a book to me, so I'd probably be too tired to play very long if I did have it then. I'd have to wait until the morning.

I'm going to start downloading it on release, then wait for it to finish. Once it's done, I'll look at ONE set of maps. If there aren't any that I like, I'll go to sleep for the night. If I see one I like, I'll check it out. If it has what I want, I'll save the game as soon as possible, and then go to sleep and play in the morning. If it doesn't have what I want, I'll just reset it, then go to sleep for the night and play in the morning. :)

I'm going to get the cartridge and play then. I might not time travel for a little while, but after a bit (especially when school starts), I'm going to be time traveling all the time.

There are multiple reasons I prefer a physical copy over a digital one; plus, I have church so I don't think getting the game at 12AM is really going to be a good option.

I decided that I will Time Travel the first day. I plan on getting the game at 11PM, but I'll set my clock to 5PM of the same day just so I can buy tools and whatnot. The next time I play (which will probably be around noon on the 9th), I'll set the clock to the regular time.

I usually work 2nd shift so I am gone most of the midday so I may back up the time a few hours, not too much tho, I don't wanna miss things like KK and the turnip guy. I may deal with the time and try to do a lot during the day. Just wanna do a good time so I can play with people and not be too late
EDIT: 3nd is not a real number <.<

I'm planning to download it digitally from the Irish e-shop. Thanks to time zones, it would be afternoon in NZ when it's midnight in Europe! No time travel needed!

Some people actually go to church on Sundays :D

Better go to sleep

If my order comes early, I'll have it midday Friday. If not, I'll get it digitally from the UK eShop at midnight for them, which is 9am for me, the perfect time to play it!

I'm going to get the cartridge and play then. I might not time travel for a little while, but after a bit (especially when school starts), I'm going to be time traveling all the time.

There are multiple reasons I prefer a physical copy over a digital one; plus, I have church so I don't think getting the game at 12AM is really going to be a good option.

Same deal with me.

My plans for Saturday:
Do homework (2 practice Math regents)
Eat food (Breakfast/Brunch and Dinner)
Get excited for New Leaf (10 AM - 10:30 PM)
Go to sleep (10:45 PM)

Sunday:
Go to Church, then go out to breakfast, get weekly groceries, etc. (8-11 AM)
Play Animal Crossing (REST OF MY LIFE)
Die.

Doesn't downloading it take like around 3hours(just something I heard)? Can't wait though. I opted to go physical for now and play around 12 on sunday.

I'm planning on downloading the digital release on the dot at 9 (my time, 12 EDT). Since it's similar in size as FE13, I'm expecting similar download time (unreasonable probably, since ACNL is more popular) so hopefully will be starting the game by 10! Then I'll play until I fall asleep zzzzz....

Lucky digital purchasers...

I have to wait until 3 PM to get the game. 3PM!?!? And I wouldn't doubt if something makes it later. Like, days later. I seriously will be tempted to download it, but I have a preorder that's waiting for me. ;_;

Hm, well it could be due to your internet speeds, but I have decent internet (not too fast, not too slow) and I was able to download a couple demos taking up 2,700 blocks in less than 15 minutes. It could have been sooner, I just didn't pay attention to my 3DS.

Downloading at midnight once done get the you are now mayor bit recorded and work on my get bells and mayor points plan.
Gathering items to sell in the morning, talking with Bella to get free tools, shaking trees for beehives and items and bells and talking to any villagers that still awake. Once done sleep and wake up @9am to play.
:)

Hm, well it could be due to your internet speeds, but I have decent internet (not too fast, not too slow) and I was able to download a couple demos taking up 2,700 blocks in less than 15 minutes. It could have been sooner, I just didn't pay attention to my 3DS.

As long as you don't have dial-up and aren't running other bandwidth-intensive processes, it shouldn't matter. Basically, the Nintendo server from which you download will have a set speed probably under 1 mbps and most internet speeds nowadays should greatly exceed that amount.

I'm buying it digitally, and I live in the US on the east coast. So it's midnight for me! I'm planning on setting up the game and going through some of the tutorial type things, then going to bed and waking up early-ish to play. Hopefully Nintendo's servers won't get too bogged down, and I'll get a map I like so I don't have to reset a lot.

Back