• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf doubled sales of 3DS in Japan?

Nice! So amazing how one game can do so much for a system. Easy to see how, though <3.

I'm sure sales will be great here as well. :lemon:

I believe AC has always been bigger in Japan. That's not to say it won't do well here, though.

Thats stunning! :O And amazing, hopefully there will be many more AC fans ^-^ I hope it hits off that well here in the US!

That's amazing. I wish the US was into these kinds of games like Japan is. I'm hoping it does really well in the US this time around!
The only reason I got a 3DS was for Animal Crossing. I don't really play it... it's just sitting there waiting for ACNL...

I pretty much only bought my 3DS for New Leaf, too. Though I was able to buy Kid Icarus: Uprising and Ocarina of Time so I can actually enjoy the system. As of right now I just have 5 games for it, and for the moment I don't see that changing until prices on some of the games I want drop or New Leaf comes out, whichever happens first.

I'm glad to hear how well the game's selling in Japan, and how it's affecting the the sales of the system!

New Leaf is also the main reason I want to get a 3DS :I
It'd be really nice if it did really well in the US too, and even better if they made some newer/better games for the system, too and not just sequels... but on that we shall see.
I'm hoping I'll get a 3DS for christmas so I can actually get New Leaf. I'll find out in about a month and a half~!

I also got the 3DS for ACNL. I enjoyed the KH game, hated Kid Icarus. Maybe I'll try out Harvest Moon NB and Tales of the Abyss while waiting.

It would be cool if nintendo released the game early because of such good sales!
Not likely though... :(

New Leaf is one of the reasons why I bought a 3ds, that and Ocarina of Time and Harvest Moon games. I really hope Nintendo sees the same pattern in other parts of the world, maybe not that dramatic of a shift in sales for the 3ds but hopefully it's significant for them. I want Nintendo to do well, they make/license my favorite games!

Pretty much why I brought my 3DS too... And for Paper Mario, which I don't really like as much as the wii version...

Wish I could say AC was why I got a 3DS but...actually Luigi's Mansion 2 was the first main reason why I HAD to get a 3DS (Since the original is one of my fav games and I wanted a sequel for a long time)

Regardless I'm glad it's selling well and I hope it sells well in other countries.

I got my 3DS mainly because of NL, but I did really enjoy Ocarina of Time. I haven't played the Harvest Moon games for it yet, but I'm hopefully getting those for Christmas. I tried Nintendogs for 3DS, and I hated it. I find the 3DS games are pretty bad so far, except for a few. So the only games I have now are Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon White, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, and that's it. No 3DS games right now. I can't wait for NL, it'll probably be the best game for the 3DS.

Back