• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Not excited?

flyingpigs

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I found out about the AC:NL around 2 months after it was announced, and I was so excited! I was buying ONM as soon as it came out to see if there was more information and reading everything I could. I went on like this until the game came out in Japan, and then I watched every video I could.

Now, I feel like I'm not excited anymore because I know so much about the game. I do know it's my own fault, but I was just wondering if it has happened to anyone else or if you have any advice? I will still buy the game but I'm not sure if I'll really enjoy it.

Thank you :)

P.S, yay first post :3

Yup I know the feeling. I know I'm not excited for the game - but playing the game is a whole different experience.

I look at it this way - I spoiled the game so I know everything that happens so I don't care about the games release so I can easily wait it out no problem. Then when it's released it's totally different and I'll be just as excited as any past AC game

Dont worry! Ive kind of done the same thing >.< But you just ruined your "anticipation" not your enjoyment of the game. It will all come back in a rush the week before release :p

I blame Nintendo for my lack of anticipation >.>

That and since it's still 2 months away, I have other things to focus on ;)

I started feeling the same way, but something that really helped me was making an animal crossing-related tumblr! I follow a ton of AC blogs (and not necessarily New Leaf), and just seeing fan art, QR codes, screenshots, and funny animal crossing related content--and just new stuff every day--keeps my anticipation up, without having that "I'm-spoiling-it-for-myself" feeling of going through official information and things like that.

Another thing I do is keep a google doc of ideas for the game, such as features of a town layout that I want, ideas of clothes I want to design, what kinds of paths I want to use, the general area of where I want to place certain public works, etc... and I randomly add stuff to it from time to time, and it helps keep me excited and in an animal crossing mood!! :)

So yeah, you can try to bring your anticipation back and be excited all over again!

I watched a lot of videos too and then I wasn't excited anymore but I've got excited for it again for some reason.

Yeah... Honestly sometimes now I sort of go on a hating myself streak for wanting this game, for spending 200 dollars on a XL for this game, and for finding everything out about this game before I got it. Then the next week I get randomly hyped up by some random thing like this

I get excited about how amazing this game will be to play on the 3DS XL, it will be portable, the screen is comfortably large for a game like this (I strained my eyes really bad with the ds version) and the 3DS has the circle pad for really smooth movement, on WW it was awkward being limited to up down left right and diagonal in a 3D environment.. This will be great!!! Also the graphics are nice on this game and it runs smooth like on city folk and doesnt look a bit choppy/twitchy like it did (to me) on the DS

I'm still excited for the release and I spoiled myself more than enough by buying the Japanese copy last November. If anything, i am very excited for the release, even more so for the fact that I'll be able to read everything in the game and talk to the villagers... Let's just say, at this time, I am a very anti social mayor lol.

Spoiling yourself by learning the new features is suppose to make you more happy.
Like: "Oh my gosh, I can't wait to try out club Tortimer" and "I cant Wait to try out..." Ect, ect, ect.
Rather than, I can't wait to Play New Leaf. <--- And not knowing what the game is about other than it's Animal Crossing.

EDIT: And having a release date makes me more settle... Before we had a release date I was in agony checking 2-3 times a day for the release date. I was truly hoping It would come out in the fall of 2011. Man was I way off. Like I said, it was agony not knowing when It was coming. Now that we have the date I know when it's coming and all I got to do is wait and find something else to do.

Last edited:
Yeah... Honestly sometimes now I sort of go on a hating myself streak for wanting this game, for spending 200 dollars on a XL for this game, and for finding everything out about this game before I got it. Then the next week I get randomly hyped up by some random thing like this

I get excited about how amazing this game will be to play on the 3DS XL, it will be portable, the screen is comfortably large for a game like this (I strained my eyes really bad with the ds version) and the 3DS has the circle pad for really smooth movement, on WW it was awkward being limited to up down left right and diagonal in a 3D environment.. This will be great!!! Also the graphics are nice on this game and it runs smooth like on city folk and doesnt look a bit choppy/twitchy like it did (to me) on the DS

Oh and also think about what you would do with YOUR town, and what it would be like to have your own to decorate, don't plan out the whole layout because that will make it really boring, but just think of certain areas you would do, types of paths, where you would put buildings given certain river locations ect, but don't overthink stuff because it will make the game boring in the long run. I just think playing the game along with not too many plans would be really fun, just decorate areas in your town that would look cool with certain things, like an area where it is just river against the bottom cliff, secluded from everything else, put a lamp post with a bench and some bushes and stuff. just PIECES of things you might do to decorate certain setups if you get them.

crap I did not mean to reply to my own post im sorry :( meant to edit and just add that last bit :(

I wasn't too excited at first, but once I started thinking about all of the things I plan to do with my town, and being able to play on the go again with a gorgeous XL screen, I got very hyped up. Plus I tend to half ignore some of the news that comes out. Look at it enough to get excited but still keep my patience level very low, keep quiet about it, and just wait for the 2 week before release mark. And I play City Folk a lot, and some Wild World to force myself to ignore NL for now along with other games. I'm just too excited mentally at the moment.

Same feelings. I was so excited for the game to come out and now after watching tons of videos, going on ac:nl tumblrs, and the forums and stuff like that made me kind of lose my excitement.

I've been feeling the same lately, like I've ruined it for myself and I'm not that bothered now but I think hopefully my lack of enthusiasm will help me avoid watching videos until release and some of it will feel new again.
Then I saw X_The_Lancer_X's post and I'm all excited again about private beaches and where to put The Roost! There's no hope for me.

I'm not excited at all actually, I'm trying to gain some interest again but it doesn't seem to work xD in fact, I'm really considering not to buy it anymore :\

I was super excited when I first found out about the game, but I lost interest in that huge period of time where there was nearly no new information. I got hyped up again when they announced the Japan release date and there was tons of new info, and since then I've been pretty excited. Watching things from the game doesn't spoil it for me, because I know my town and experiences will probably be nothing like those in the videos.

This happens a lot before the whole spoils too much information. I still excited because Vegas Is boring now.

I was super excited when I first found out about the game, but I lost interest in that huge period of time where there was nearly no new information. I got hyped up again when they announced the Japan release date and there was tons of new info, and since then I've been pretty excited. Watching things from the game doesn't spoil it for me, because I know my town and experiences will probably be nothing like those in the videos.

Exactly

I lost my initial excitement thanks to the wait. But once that countdown hits the last month, each day it will grow more and more. Just thinking about even being in the 30's makes my fists tighten with excitement, so actually, no I haven't lost it. It's just lying dormant now haha

It happens when one region gets a much anticipated game before another region..especially with as much time between releases as New Leaf is having. I've limited how much I expose myself to information on the game from videos..and even playing the JP version. I started playing it again recently to take the edge off of the wait..but I'm not advancing my town or doing anything in it really. Just sating my desire to play the game. Sounds crazy, I know.

I lost my initial excitement thanks to the wait. But once that countdown hits the last month, each day it will grow more and more. Just thinking about even being in the 30's makes my fists tighten with excitement, so actually, no I haven't lost it. It's just lying dormant now haha

lol thats a good way to describe the excitement at times, "dormant" XD because it's so true, just watch, when it's a week away from the release and before you weren't excited, you are going to be excited almost no matter what. Just looking back on how long you have waited and then it will finally be here... I am going have a good two weeks shaved off of my waiting time pretty quickly because I have state tests right now, and it doesn't feel like it is even tuesday, yet tomorrow is wednesday. This week will go fast, although it won't be fun. :( same thing for next week, i have tests next week too. We will be at 44 days left after the end of next week... :OOOOOO

I'm still totally excited.
I've been being very careful about what NL information I expose myself to. I have not watched any gameplay videos outside of the official trailers, and have only been reading a bit about the new features and browsing QR codes.

I think not watching gameplay videos plays a huge part. I have no idea how the game will start, what the title screen looks like, what the first lines of dialogue are... none of that. It's going to feel totally fresh and totally new when I finally do get the game, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Even if you don't feel excited anymore, I am pretty darn sure that come release day, once you have the game in your hands, you're going to be thrilled all over again. :)

Back