• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Not excited?

It's all about the experience. I'd say spoiling a game is better than over hyping it and get disappointed when playing it (That's what happened to me and Sticker Star...still haven't had the feeling of beating it...it's weird).

Plus I'm exited for it because City Folk kinda got bland after a while. I keep on seeing the same text bubbles from my villagers. New Leaf seems like such a well needed spice after City Folk got stale. By spice I mean make the whole recipe over again and cook it with extra flavoring and add milk. Then shoving a piece of it into a blender and make a nice beverage to go with it...oh am I getting carried away?

Last edited:
not..excited...? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh, you're NOT joking? Umm... hee-hee. I'm excited.

Definitely not as excited as I thought I would be, seems like the New Leaf hype is overshadowed by different games for me lately plus that tourism trailer was pretty boring. :/ I have to say though, I'm glad that I haven't spoiled anything for me so far about the game compared to City Folk were I burned myself out once I was done maxing out my home and town.

I haven't been excited for any video game in 2 years, since Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim. I will buy New Leaf and enjoy it but I'm not counting the days, and I haven't been following any of the info about the game. It kinda sucks, not to be anticipated.. but the more blind I go into playing the better since it will be more to discover.

It's not possible for me to spoil myself for a game like Animal Crossing. I could literally read every possible bit of info and memorize it and still be excited for the game. Because reading about the game and playing the game are two entirely different things.

I know what you mean. I'm quite disappointed on how much I spoiled myself. I remember just before NL was released in Japan (doesn't seem like it was that long ago?), I was planning on not spoiling myself with videos and screenshots... Yeah well, I blew that.

But I'm sure that once it gets much closer to the release date, I'll be unbearably excited all over again. :)

I've watched so many videos now, and yet I'm still ridiculously excited!
Same! In fact, I think I can say that having watched pretty much everything there is to watch, I'm even more excited than I was before! Plus, I like knowing how to unlock things so I can start on that from the beginning.

Same! In fact, I think I can say that having watched pretty much everything there is to watch, I'm even more excited than I was before! Plus, I like knowing how to unlock things so I can start on that from the beginning.

Same here! Watching the videos also give me ideas of what I might like to do with my town!

Reading things/viewing photos/videos about the game and experiencing the game first hand yourself are two completely different things. I know I've spoiled numerous things for myself as well, but I'm still excited to get my hands on the game to play and create. I see all these features and look forward to playing with them. The wait is worth it and I've no troubles. :3

On that note I wouldn't be too concerned. If you've been a fan and enjoyed playing previous games, you'll have fun with this one.

Back