• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

November is here - what does it mean

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
So another year has passed by. Halloween Night is over, everyone is done passing out candies or collecting candies. Since it's so late in the year, it means the year is approaching its final stages. Not only that, but the 504th 4-year cycle in the Gregorian calendar is over (assuming that the first one was in 1 AD). And that's not all. Once the new year begins, the late decade (2017 to 2019) also begins. I can totally remember when it was 2010. Time has passed so fast.

Here are the events in November and how they correlate to the end of something:

• Fall tends to be pretty early on in the season, but November is when it starts to look ugly. Trees are either all red or sometimes brown. Weather is a lot colder, and snow is starting to fall. From wherever I live, we don't experience these signs, but it even cools down here. And nights get longer. It seems depressing, especially when it's late in the year. It adds the despair feeling of what the year is like post-Halloween.
  • Daylight Savings time ends on November 6th. That's right! Once November 5th ends, it's time to turn the clocks back, making it one hour earlier. The good news is that we gain an extra hour of sleep, but that would make nights begin even earlier, giving us one step closer to the end of the year.
  • The first two days of the months are within the World Series schedule. If the Cubs win tonight, we would have one more day of the World Series. Regardless, neither team won the World Series in a long time, as the Cubs held the longest championship drought in MLB history. Even the Indians haven't won in like 70 years. So one championship drought ends, along with the 2016 Baseball season as the year closes up.
  • Election Day - November 8th: I know we hear too much about it this year, but once Election Day passes, we can finally stop hearing about Trump and Clinton. But here's another end. Barack Obama has reached his term limit, and we're within the last three months of the Obama Administration. Once the year ends, as well as the first 19 days of the next month, Obama will be out of office, bringing the end of the Obama Era. I remember when he was first inaugurated. I even seen his first inaugural speech. I can't believe he's finally leaving.
  • Veteran's Day - November 11th: Don't worry, there's no end here. This is just a holiday or observance in November of 2016.
  • Thanksgivings Day - November 24th: The last three single-date festive holidays of the year (not including New Year's Eve) are Halloween, Thanksgivings, and Christmas. Thanksgivings is the second of the three I listed. Once the event is over, the year reaches the more depressing stages as the end is getting very near.
  • Black Friday - November 25th: The day after Thanksgivings Day is Black Friday, the first day of the shopping season. Over time, it was just a bonus event. Now it's become a major holiday that the world is observing. Even some businesses let their workers get Black Friday off while days like Columbus Day are fading to obscurity.
  • Cyber Monday - November 28th: Another shopping day like Black Friday, but this one is on the internet. I don't know too much about Cyber Monday, so I should do more research on it.

Yeah, 2016 is passing by fast, just like the other years. I hope you had a good year, and let's hope you can keep the last 61 days good.

Back