• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Now that it's fall in game - changing anything in your town?

DJStarstryker

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Like the title says.

I'm thinking about completely changing up my paths and re-landscaping (again...). I'm getting bored of how my town looks and I need something new. I think I found some paths I want to use (I can only manage simple things like signs, I NEED QR codes for paths). I also am thinking about completely changing up my rooms in my house. I think I'm going to make at least 1 Halloween themed. I need to start now, because it always takes me a few weeks to set everything up right and I want it to be ready for October.

I've been working on creating a new path for myself. Something simple. If not I'm going with a QR path.
I'm also going to work on organizing my house before I do any improvements :)

Not sure what else I could do.

I've replaced my pink brick path with a brown one. I'm also working on getting the Scarecrow suggested for a seasonal display I'm planning near the Town Hall - all the other seasonal PWPs I want for that spot (drinking fountain for summer, illuminated tree for Christmas, torch for the rest of winter) are already available. For spring I want the round topiary, but will have to wait til April for that. Oh, and the main flower beds are orange/red/yellow. I'd like some black for Hallowe'en, but I have just one black lily and no luck growing any more.

So far, I have been changing out my hibiscus bushes with sweet olive (I don't have enough) so I've also been doing holly ready for winter. I have so many flowers everywhere that I can't imagine trying to switch over to orange/red/yellow. My favorite color is purple, so I can't give up my purple roses I've worked so hard for. Wish I could get blue roses, but so far no luck. And I can't for-the-life-of-me get any purple pansies. Ferterlizer doesn't seem to help at all, but I keep spending 1,600 bells everyday on it (only to get the golden shovel).

I had changed my path to a darker brick one, but yesterday I decided I didn't want a path at all so it's natural now. I've been trying to breed more black and orange flowers. I'm going to start working on making my upstairs room spooky (and then keep it seasonal for christmas, etc). And I'm planting more persimmons because they kinda look like pumpkins.

Yep, pretty much redoing my whole towns landscaping as well. I had my paths lined with random flowers, so picking them all up and selling them to retail (which takes forever btw!) and then putting all my hybrids down instead should look better

I'm still working on replacing random flowers with bushes to line my paths. I'll also probably concentrate more on red, yellow, orange, and black flowers and maybe start redecorating my house for a more autumnal look.

Landscaping more, adding bushes and such, and then trying to breed more orange and black flowers. Once I post the qr code for my pastel path, I'll recolor it for more fall-oriented colors (probably once the grass turns orange).

I'm considering replacing a fair number of my soon to wilt hibiscus with olive bushes so I always have a majority of the flowering bushes. I'm also now keeping the dead perfect fruit trees so they gather for Halloween. I recently moved my flowers around athough, and paradoxically filled in my paths on 1 side of town and then started making them on the other which was left natural before.

Landscaping in my town is mostly done, except my bamboo forest I'm planting next to the campsite. I'm hoping my town ends up looking timeless, so I don't have to re-landscape every season.

Does anyone have links to what bushes look like in bloom and out of bloom? I am considering changing out most of my bushes to olives, but do not want to uproot my hollies, which will be the next thing I plant.

Never mind...I found a picture.

Last edited:
My bushes are just starting to bloom. Trying to change path color. Last time I did it went solid white.

I used to re-landscape my town with practically every change in grass color in AC:WW, and to be honest, it got pretty exhausting after a while! I guess part of it's because I've always been kind of stubborn about making my own paths, so that's time consuming, and in AC:WW there was no beautiful town ordinance to help with watering, and no island tours to help with obtaining flowers quickly. So maybe it will be easier to re-landscape in New Leaf, but I still don't know if I'll go all out in re-decorating for every season this time -- it's a lot of work and I'm busy with classes. I plan on at least planting some sweet olive bushes and maybe altering a few areas in town that stand out as clashing with Fall colors. I probably have several areas in town like that, including cool colored- and pastel colored-gardens. :/

Could I get some help?? My town tree was getting big. I skipped a day of playing cause I had to work all night, and checked it this morning and my tree has actually shrank! Any advice? I didn't think the town tree could get... Smaller! ...revert!

Putting in paths, beginning to spread flowers out, and overall making my town look neater. I restarted recently so yeah. c:

I'm probably going to have to change the colors of my path from green and blue to orange and purple. Otherwise it just wouldn't look right. Otherwise I think my town's just fine.

Though I will also strictly be wearing my 'fall' themed dresses and such.

I just got a golden axe so I cleared a big chunk of my town. I moved some of my paths and just need a few PWPs requested so I can get the look I want. It's nice when some of your least favorite villagers move out. :)

Last edited:
Back