Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Enchanted Forest Scenery
Lily of the Valley
Caustic Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Enchanted Forest Scenery
I had a cousin who adored the smell of new tires. Lol she would walk into the tire section of a store or walk into an tire store itself, and take a big obnoxious loud sniff. Her parents would yell at her for doing that.. which I guess I understand now that I am older, because she would sometimes walk up to multiple new tires and sniff them too after the initial loud obnoxious sniff of walking in. 🤣🥲
She is less obnoxious about it now as an adult, but even as an adult she is still a little obnoxious about it for an adult.
Now, I would 'assume' most people don't get that obnoxious about odd smells, but I have met people who liked odd smells from random items. I was curious if there are any odd smells you guys like.
Last week I listened to a YouTuber who decided to talk about this article that was written about the smell of the exhaust of the Steam Deck being pleasant to some people.
My self, I like a certain scent of new books. Not any new book works. I don't know if it comes from a specific paper or specific ink, but I really like it. I also like the smell of crayons and the black ink from ink pens.

omg Smell Exposure: The Threequel

I know there's a handful of strange smells I like, but no one/very few people I've met do. However, the only two I can recall immediately are horses and gunpowder/the smell that comes after lighting a match.

The former is something I've always enjoyed, and I find it strange when people hate it, especially those who have stables or go there frequently. I'm not really sure what it is, but it just smells cozy to me. When I've had people try to describe what they don't like, they say it smells like an unkept animal pen. I guess I'm noseblind to horse poop, lmao.

The match-lighting smell is like a drug for me LOOOL. It just smells so good!! I love lighting them to get a whiff. There needs to be a candle that smells exactly like it 🕯️

I had a cousin who adored the smell of new tires. Lol she would walk into the tire section of a store or walk into an tire store itself, and take a big obnoxious loud sniff. Her parents would yell at her for doing that.. which I guess I understand now that I am older, because she would sometimes walk up to multiple new tires and sniff them too after the initial loud obnoxious sniff of walking in. 🤣🥲
Lol, this isn’t really an odd smell, but that story sounds just like my childhood friend who would grab her dad’s Irish Spring shampoo and just sit there and sniff it while her family watched a movie until they noticed XD

Anyway, in 5th grade my teacher printed out these Jimmy John’s menus to practice reading or math or something? Idk but I couldn’t stop sniffing the menus. I didn’t even like Jimmy John’s yet, and the menus were copies so it must have just been all the ink and i was hungry or something so I just associated it with food.

9sqb2oam9rx61.jpg

Back in the olden days when photocopying was rare and expensive,schools used a mimeograph(also known as a ditto machine)to make copies of various school papers like quizzes and exams.The ink used for those machines had a unique odor that was almost intoxicating.The smell was a heavy and sweet aroma with hints of alcohol and other chemicals.We would hold up the papers to our faces and inhale(as seen above).That could be why a lot of us turned out to be a bit strange.

I actually like the smell of chlorine...that was one of the reasons why I loved to swim in a pool when I was younger. :LOL:

I like the smell of wood burning because it reminds me of campfires and bonfires. Sometimes a dirty wood burning smell triggers my memories of all the times I would be camping with a fire going. Particularly during reenactments.

omg Smell Exposure: The Threequel

I know there's a handful of strange smells I like, but no one/very few people I've met do. However, the only two I can recall immediately are horses and gunpowder/the smell that comes after lighting a match.

The former is something I've always enjoyed, and I find it strange when people hate it, especially those who have stables or go there frequently. I'm not really sure what it is, but it just smells cozy to me. When I've had people try to describe what they don't like, they say it smells like an unkept animal pen. I guess I'm noseblind to horse poop, lmao.

The match-lighting smell is like a drug for me LOOOL. It just smells so good!! I love lighting them to get a whiff. There needs to be a candle that smells exactly like it 🕯️
I think it's the urine smell they might be put off by. It's definitely a distinct smell. I don't hate it, but I can't say I definitely would be sticking my nose in the ground to get a big whiff lol. Their poop doesn't really have a smell, it's the urine if it lingers. That's what I think most are smelling when they say they dislike it. But I only really smell it if it's really damp or raining otherwise the smell is very mild.

Their stall to me has more of a dusty old/dried hay smell.

Also gunpowder is a very distinct smell to me because I do reenactments. So I smell that all the time during those events. It's a nice smell to me since I associate it with that lol. I can see why some don't like it because it does have a very sulfur and peppery tang to it. Now it does smell a bit more foul as it permeates on the field for a few hours and having the sooty film cling to my clothes and skin doesn't feel great. But I clean myself up after the battles and I'm all good to go lol.

Back