• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Official Nintendo Magazine Animal Crossing 3DS Article

Do we actually know for a fact that you become mayor as soon as you arrive in town?
Do we even know if we're going to arrive in town, maybe we'll already have been in town for a while or something.

Do we actually know for a fact that you become mayor as soon as you arrive in town?
Do we even know if we're going to arrive in town, maybe we'll already have been in town for a while or something.

Well, I think you choose where your house goes, so I think we might become mayor as soon as we arrive.
I'd rather not spend my time in a village for a while with no house to live in. ._.

I think that during the starting conversation with Rover/Kapp'n they'll say something like:
"So, you're the new mayor, huh? Nice to meet'cha! I'm Rover/Kapp'n. *random conversation here*
So Mr/Mrs/Ms Mayor, what's your name?"

Maybe the backstory is that you used to live in Boondox and you collected the donations from a CF/WW town, and once you had got the place all nice, you decided to move out and somebody saw you were a nice person and offered you the job of mayor?

I wouldn't say being able to pick where you want your house to be should verify you start off as the mayor, but I have a feeling you do start off as mayor, possibly filling the role as a "new" mayor, coming to a town because they don't have one. It's hard to tell what the AC team came up with, but I'm sure it'll make sense in a really simple way.

Still throwing around ideas, there could be an election backstory. Probably not going to effect anything in game like an event, but it might come up in conversation or something. Honestly, I'd like that more personally. To come to a new village in the efforts of being elected mayor due to all of the good things you do to the village. Who knows, it could be anything.

I personally hope that you will be the mayor from the start. In one video this "secretary" asks you if you want to build the caf? here, I don't think/hope that all the buildings come this late (maybe it's just the caf?, who knows)
In the interview they have said that this secretary is "clumsy", maybe she confound you with the mayor (also her first day in town) and after you did a hell of a job you can stay as the mayor because Tortimer is really pleased with you.
We'll see, I hope they will come up with a release soon! :cool:

I personally hope that you will be the mayor from the start. In one video this "secretary" asks you if you want to build the caf? here, I don't think/hope that all the buildings come this late (maybe it's just the caf?, who knows)
In the interview they have said that this secretary is "clumsy", maybe she confound you with the mayor (also her first day in town) and after you did a hell of a job you can stay as the mayor because Tortimer is really pleased with you.
We'll see, I hope they will come up with a release soon! :cool:

Nice idea. That's the best I've heard so far.

Thanks, VillageDweller :blush:
I'm really curious what Tortimer will be in this game... I hope they don't cut him out, though!

Thanks, VillageDweller :blush:
I'm really curious what Tortimer will be in this game... I hope they don't cut him out, though!
I have a small feeling that Tortimer could be the town's event organiser as he has been there giving out items for all of the events that I have I have ever done on Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube, Animal Crossing Wild World: and Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City/City Folk.

@Everyone: I don't think they will cut him out of the game as he's become like a staple in the series, if you know what I mean?

I highly doubt they'd cut Tortimer out. He's been in the games since the beginning, and he is, in a sense, a main character of the game. That'd be like cutting Tom Nook or Pelly out of the game... Even though Tortimer doesn't really do much within the game and doesn't really have a big role to play, he still is a core character.

@JasonBurrows That's a plausible and good idea.

@Himari You're right. He kinda has to be important in the game, as he owns all of our towns...

I think he must be like, rich now considering he owns everybody's towns :p
I guess he must retire and just come to your town everytime there's an event, so he can get out and do something.
I also think our jobs as mayor must not be a lot. I think we just decide where all the main buildings go but possibly that's it?
Although when it comes down to it, that wouldn't nearly be enough to pass off the whole "You're the mayor!" thing.

I also like JasonBurrows idea. When Tom Nook gets a new job so Tortimer has to get a new job. I'm really excited!
BTW, why is Bidoof banned? :-O

@Everybody I believe Bidoof was banned for being rude/mean to newcomers who don't understand some of the rules (mainly bumping) and AndyB was getting annoyed at him. I read somewhere Andy said "Last chance." to Bidoof, and he obviously took that chance. Don't confirm me on this though. (I'm gonna get banned now for saying this D: )

ON TOPIC - Tortimer should retire... but still comes to your town for events. He's on a pension, he can afford to take journeys to everybodys' towns.

@Everybody I believe Bidoof was banned for being rude/mean to newcomers who don't understand some of the rules (mainly bumping) and AndyB was getting annoyed at him. I read somewhere Andy said "Last chance." to Bidoof, and he obviously took that chance. Don't confirm me on this though. (I'm gonna get banned now for saying this D: )
You shouldn't worry as I don't personally think what you have just posted is really anything to get banned about as it's just something minor, but I would have honestly suggested not posting about it publicly. :)

I think at some point in the game, Tortimer will send you a letter or inform everyone he will be retiring, and that he's looking for a new mayor, so there will be like a mini election day. Obviously, you will win the election(and you can vote for other villagers in the election too), then the results are revealed, including the runners up as well, so being as you are the winner you will then become mayor. At least, that's what I think will happen.

I think at some point in the game, Tortimer will send you a letter or inform everyone he will be retiring, and that he's looking for a new mayor, so there will be like a mini election day. Obviously, you will win the election(and you can vote for other villagers in the election too), then the results are revealed, including the runners up as well, so being as you are the winner you will then become mayor. At least, that's what I think will happen.

This is such a simple, fun, and easy way to become mayor! I love this idea :)

Back