• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

okay oh god this is probably going to be a confusing question

whimsy

perfect peach 🍑✨
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0118-0130-0745
Heart of the Forest
Dreamy Bear Plush
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
Peach (Fruit)
Ancient Candle
SO i had monique in my campsite, and i had a VERY specific place i wanted her to move into so instead of risking corrupting my file by resetting until she showed up there i went around my entire freaking town putting 100 bells every 3 steps so she wouldn't move ANYWHERE except for the one empty space i left for her. i know that is probably super unusual so maybe no one will be able to answer my question lol. anyway i think i left too small of a space or something because i TTd to the next day and she wasn't building a house there or anywhere else in my town. so i figured i hadn't left a big enough space for her even though i'm p sure i've had villagers snipe their houses into smaller spaces before, so i widened it a bit and TTd another day ahead. she still didn't show up so i'm wondering if i missed my window of opportunity or if she'll just appear randomly one day (or maybe it goes by real time and TTing doesn't count?) because i moved sprinkle in from the campsite and i thought it took a few days but it might have been because i was time traveling backwards.
wow that was long sorry anyway thanks for your time guyssss xo

It takes a while for campers to move in. Tom didn't move in for a week when I got him to move in. Don't worry

Actually, nothing except PWP stops villagers from moving in a certain spot.

Last edited:
omg I wonder if that trick works... I've got a villager moving in soon and I'm a bit nervous about where they'll choose.

I'm almost certain it does work, at least it's always worked for me before!

Last edited:
SO i had monique in my campsite, and i had a VERY specific place i wanted her to move into so instead of risking corrupting my file by resetting until she showed up there i went around my entire freaking town putting 100 bells every 3 steps so she wouldn't move ANYWHERE except for the one empty space i left for her. i know that is probably super unusual so maybe no one will be able to answer my question lol. anyway i think i left too small of a space or something because i TTd to the next day and she wasn't building a house there or anywhere else in my town. so i figured i hadn't left a big enough space for her even though i'm p sure i've had villagers snipe their houses into smaller spaces before, so i widened it a bit and TTd another day ahead. she still didn't show up so i'm wondering if i missed my window of opportunity or if she'll just appear randomly one day (or maybe it goes by real time and TTing doesn't count?) because i moved sprinkle in from the campsite and i thought it took a few days but it might have been because i was time traveling backwards.
wow that was long sorry anyway thanks for your time guyssss xo

That sounds like a very time-consuming method, but it also sounds very precise. Does it work if you have paths? How big a space do you usually leave?

That sounds like a very time-consuming method, but it also sounds very precise. Does it work if you have paths? How big a space do you usually leave?

Yeah I normally just have them around my paths :3 Villagers need either 4 or 5 spaces (hoping to find out with Monique lol) so I always make sure to leave at least three spaces between items. I'm pretty sure any item will work, and it's best to layer them like this:
xoxox
oxoxo
so you don't accidentally leave any house-sized spaces behind trees or anything d:

If she moves somewhere else I'm not going to be pleased, I've got tons and tons of items and bells laying all over my town that won't fit into my storage and I'm sure enough other people have the same problem that it would be a little ridiculous for villagers to just move on top of your stuff and destroy it.

it would be a little ridiculous for villagers to just move on top of your stuff and destroy it.

It's happened to people before. They put furniture and stuff down and see a plot on it. I'm not sure if Bells go into the Lost and Found either. :/

That's very interesting. I'm gonna try this out next time I get a new villager. With it being so precise, it might actually be faster than making a new character, going through Rover's spiel, racing around town, and then destroying some grass somewhere for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th home.

Actually, nothing except PWP stops villagers from moving in a certain spot.

I was about to say...I didn't think bells stopped them.

Edit: If it does work, I'd love to know for sure!! Definitely something I'd rather doing vs spending hours resetting.

Last edited:
It DOES work oO ... I think.

I just tried it with Marshal's house spot.
And the plot appeared in a place where I never ever saw a villager plot before (and I used the reset trick a lot.) and where I didn't drop 100 bells.
The rest of my town is full of 100 bell coins.

Oh goood.
I'm going to reset some more to prove this method!

Edit: HM. Okay. I am pretty sure this works... to a certain extent. On some resets the plot appeared in areas where I dropped money. Interestingly, those areas where the ones where I only dropped 1 or 2 coins and when I didn't leave any space for the plot anywhere else.
It's pretty confusing.. But it made Marshal move in a spot where I wanted him to be and where a villager never moved before. So I'm happy. Thank you for sharing this!

Last edited:
Dang might just postpone bedtime to lay down some money! I've got 2square wide paths that might need to be removed in places to put bells... There's nowhere I want the house in particular but I know where I DON'T want it!

Aaah dang it, I wish I did this when all my villagers moved in ! ; A ;
All of them live in such inconvenient places, except Marshal who happened to move right next to my house ( and on top of Marina's old plot ; u ; )

A couple hours later and I'm almost done... @_@;

Trying a somewhat staggered pattern that just focuses on avoiding three blank spaces in any one direction, so i dont have to lay down so many coins. Having paths and stuff makes it hard to focus on what needs to be covered! Will report back in the morning!

Hrm, I can't seem to get it to work for me... It didnt work at first, so i widened the spot on each side but she still moved to a different spot again. I kinda like this spot so I might keep it but I'm wondering why my planned spot didn't work? It's 6x6, should it be more?

Hrm, I can't seem to get it to work for me... It didnt work at first, so i widened the spot on each side but she still moved to a different spot again. I kinda like this spot so I might keep it but I'm wondering why my planned spot didn't work? It's 6x6, should it be more?

Are you sure a villager can move there?

This happened to me as well... there was enough space for a house, but it didn't work with that one spot.

Are you sure a villager can move there?

This happened to me as well... there was enough space for a house, but it didn't work with that one spot.

Not sure! I was able to move a reset-trick house into that spot just fine... Not sure what the deal was. Maybe there's certain spots they won't move into? It was close-ish to a pond but that's all.

Last edited:
That very interesting, I would have to try this method out. Before what I did was put benches literally everywhere I don't want the neighbor plot to be in >.<

Back