Old Hollywood Thread

Ngl when I first found out about Ronald Reagan being an actor in the Old Hollywood days, I was kinda shocked. Never in a million years did I imagine a US President having actually acted in Hollywood films before even though his acting career came about WAY before he even ran for president.

Kind of interesting how the song “Bette Davis Eyes” and the movie “Mommie Dearest” both came out in 1981. (Bette Davis and Joan Crawford notoriously did not get along.) Joan was dead by this point, but Bette apparently sent flowers to the women who wrote the song. She also wrote a letter, thanking them for honoring her legacy. Her grandson even thought the song made her sound cool!

Suffice to say, the song boosted Bette’s reputation, while the movie forever tarnished Joan’s.

Last edited:
I'm so glad there's still at least a handful of Old Hollywood actors who are still alive right now. Imagine how devastating it'll be when the news announces Dick Van ****'s death. The man's almost 100 years old.

I'm so glad there's still at least a handful of Old Hollywood actors who are still alive right now. Imagine how devastating it'll be when the news announces Dick Van ****'s death. The man's almost 100 years old.
I also like knowing that Sophia Loren and Rita Moreno are still alive. And Eva Marie Saint just turned 100! Mamie van Doren is in her 90s, and one of her husbands (a musician, I believe?) is 102! Hope they can all live that long.

Just saw that Mitzi Gaynor passed away. 💔 She was always a wonderful performer, and had no idea how long her real name was
!

Back