• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Older AC release memories

I read those articles too! ^_^ I remember in particular one that was in diary form. The guy was super funny the way he described everything. Then at the end of the day he said something like. "I finally have some furniture for my house. A green chair! Now I don't have to sleep on the floor anymore!"

That just made me laugh and laugh! Who sleeps in a chair!? =P

I think that was the article I read as well... :)

I know that I have saw AC GC in a magazine or something like that and thought "oh sounds great!" and bought it. I was in love with the game from the first seconde! I played it in the kitchen on our mini-TV. Back then when I was about 13 or 14 years old we allways playend in the kitchen games... but my little sister get the game into her hands and I have to bought a new one. The rest how I get CF or WW... I don't remember! But I was never that excided for a game like for AC:NL :)

My dad has always brought all the past games without my knowledge. Well, apart from ACCF.

He actually managed to get ACWW like weeks before release for me, which was nice.. Shame he wouldn't do that with New leaf!

This is my very first "Game release hype"

I kind of stumbled into AC during WW....lost interest and then CF was released.

When I first heard of Wild World, the game was already released in Europe for a month or so. I saw the (awesome) commercials on TV and I remember being at my grandma's place, flipping through a game magazine that had some pages dedicated to the game. But at that time I did not have a DS, nor did I have enough money to purchase one.

My father however ordered the GC version for me, and I'm really, really grateful he did! It's my favourite AC (until NL?).
I really loved that game. The first thing I'd do after school was turning on my gamecube.
I was still saving money for a DS though, and some months later I could finally order one - bundled with Wild World. (and it took forever and a day to arrive... :p)
WW was great... mainly because I was part of a very active online community and always had people to play with!

I wasn't excited for CF at all... Me and my sister got it for christmas the year it released here, and we actually completely ignored it the first few days... Even after that, we didn't play nearly as devoted as we used to play wild world or the gamecube version.
I mean... I did enjoy playing it (especially last year when I finally got a nice town layout~) and was very thankful, but it does not compare to the other games!

However... my anticipation for New Leaf is even bigger than it was for Wild World and I'm really happy that the wait is almost over ;_;

This is my first game release. Population Growing I found a few months after release at Gamestop and got a used copy. Wild World I think I picked up at Best Buy after release, and City Folk I received as a birthday gift way after I got my Wii itself.
Waiting for this is exciting stuff, though. :)

Back