• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ONM #94

Mike!

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Anyone here in the UK subscribed to the Official Nintendo Magazine? The big feature they advertised for the next issue was 'a month in Animal Crossing New Leaf', so if they've managed to get hold of an English version of the game, there may be some new information coming very soon. The issue's out on Wednesday, when I'll be getting it, but subscribers usually get it two or three days early, so it could be out there already...

EDIT: Hunting around the ONM forums, subscribers did indeed get the issue yesterday, and the feature is 8 pages long. No info on what's actually in it, though.

Last edited:
You guys are soooooo lucky. ): The only good magazine I knew of in the states was Nintendo Power. And that's well. Gone forever now. ;-; sob sob.

I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. I'll probably pick it up when I see it but knowing ONM there won't be anything in there that we don't already know.

To be honest, I'm half expecting the same thing. I guess there's the possibility of a few new translations, if we're lucky, but that's probably it. I'm just going to enjoy reading 8 pages worth of New Leaf impressions, though.

Ah, one of the mag's writers posted on its forum today that it was indeed the Japanese version that they spent a month playing, so there goes the chance of translation details. Still, impressions should be nice at least. Also, it sounds like they might have it on the cover, as the writer has said about using a wood effect on the logo.

I think its just a uk magazine. Would anyone be willing to provide some scans?

I don't think new leaf will do as great in the US. Since Nintendo power closed its offices and I can't think of a magazine that would have an article.

I think its just a uk magazine. Would anyone be willing to provide some scans?

I don't think new leaf will do as great in the US. Since Nintendo power closed its offices and I can't think of a magazine that would have an article.

Gameinformer will probably have a 3 page on it if nothing else is coming out. Hahaha who am I kidding? No one except AC fans want to read about AC in a gaming mag. Gameinformer will have ACNL but it'll be 1/10 of the page and they'll give it an 8.

Any of you guys heard of "Nintendo Force" its a relatively new magazine. Been out for about two issues. I hear its great! Digital or hard copy subscription. Everywhere! ;)

Last edited:
Gameinformer will probably have a 3 page on it if nothing else is coming out. Hahaha who am I kidding? No one except AC fans want to read about AC in a gaming mag. Gameinformer will have ACNL but it'll be 1/10 of the page and they'll give it an 8.

I highly doubt Gameinformer will have anything. And it will be lucky to get an 7, though AC deserves a 10.

Any of you guys heard of "Nintendo Force" its a relatively new magazine. Been out for about two issues. I hear its great! Digital or hard copy subscription. Everywhere! ;)

Ill look in to it. I have $15 im willing to spend on magazines.

I forgot to tell you guys about this, I got it like 2 days ago LOLOL
There's no new information. They got a Japanese copy to test which is a bit useless considering it's been out there for months. >_>
In fact the only new thing I discovered was that in the best friend feature you can choose up to 4 people to make your "best friends".

There's no new information. They got a Japanese copy to test which is a bit useless considering it's been out there for months. >_>
In fact the only one thing I discovered was that in the best friend feature you can choose up to 4 people to make your "best friends".

I'm sure you can have about 30 best friends. >_<

In fact the only new thing I discovered was that in the best friend feature you can choose up to 4 people to make your "best friends".
-looks at bf list and sees more than 4 people on it-
Four, huh? They must have had only four people or they weren't able to figure out how to add more than 4 people. =__=;

I believe you can have up to 32 or something close to that.

32 can be best friends(out of 100 blah at least 40 or 35 nintendo) you have to do it 4 at at time, I think

I assume when you're designating friends as 'best friends', you can only select four per "session". So you can only select four names, then press 'Accept' or something like that. Then you can select four more.

Oh right. Well I can scan it in for you and show that it says you could choose 4 to be your best friends.
Stupid ONM.

Back