• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ONM #94

Question: When does the mag actually reach shops? I'm gonna go buy it anyway. There's a planner in it too... Justifying it to myself when we all know I just want it, *sigh*

EDIT: never mind, it's out in shops tomorrow!!

Last edited:
You guys are soooooo lucky. ): The only good magazine I knew of in the states was Nintendo Power. And that's well. Gone forever now. ;-; sob sob.
We did lose a magazine in Europe too, Nintendo Gamer.

When Nintendo Gamer was still running, I used to collect it and the Official Nintendo Magazine every month.
Official Nintendo Magazine and Nintendo Gamer both used to cost ?4.50 each.

We did lose a magazine in Europe too, Nintendo Gamer.

When Nintendo Gamer was still running, I used to collect it and the Official Nintendo Magazine every month.
Official Nintendo Magazine and Nintendo Gamer both used to cost ?4.50 each.

We lost Nintendo Gamer? When? O_O

If I see one, I may buy it.
I doubt there will be anything new which I don't know.

i was out shopping today and decided to go into smiths to see if they had put it up early. unfortunately they hadnt so i asked someone did they have tomorrows issue in hoping theyd let me buy it but they said they didnt. oh well ill try again tomorrow :p

^ Ya, even though dumbass me (having read the whole thing) still asked when it was out. I swear if I don't physically make a note of things, I forget instantly!

We lost Nintendo Gamer? When? O_O
Here is the quote from the N Gamer Editor:

Chris Scullion Online Editor Nintendo-Gamer.net said:
Next week issue 80 of Nintendo Gamer will arrive in the shops. It will be the final issue of the magazine, ending a history of more than 20 years of independent Nintendo magazine coverage from Future Publishing. The final issue is a special tribute issue, containing a feature focusing on every cover and iteration of the magazine from that first issue of Super Play all the way up to 2012.

It will also feature a special cover illustrated by Wil Overton, the long-time illustrator who created all the amazing cover art in Super Play and N64 Magazine and returns to end the magazine the same way it began – with a fantastic, eye-catching image.

Subscribers should get a letter tomorrow, ahead of the final issue. It’ll explain what will happen to their subscriptions. Their magazine should follow, with an exclusive subscriber-only cover, again illustrated by Wil Overton. For non-subscribers, the issue is on sale next week, 6 September.

Although as of next week the Nintendo Gamer magazine is dead, the website will continue to live on. Nintendo-Gamer.net will continue to provide you with Nintendo news, reviews and features with that same sense of humour and unmatched passion for Nintendo games that made the magazine so popular over the past two decades. Like this one showing you how to paint a Spanish fresco in New Art Academy in less than 15 minutes.

As the Online Editor of Nintendo Gamer it is a great privilege to be able to keep the name going and I hope that the site can continue to further develop your love for Nintendo in the same way that first issue of Super Play did for me back when I was nine years old.

“After careful consideration we’ve taken the decision to close Nintendo Gamer magazine,” said Nintendo Gamer publisher Lee Nutter. “However, with Future’s ongoing strategy to drive digital growth across its international, digitally-focused brand business, the website, Nintendo-Gamer.net will continue as excitement builds ahead of Nintendo’s Wii U launch.”

The magazine is gone, but there will always be a place for Nintendo Gamer – it’s just in a different medium now. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing the best features and issues from the Nintendo Gamer vaults, dating all the way back through the magazine’s 20-year history. Please do follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to ensure you don’t miss out on any of these articles.

On behalf of everyone who’s ever written a word, designed a page, checked some text, written a caption or reviewed a game for Nintendo Gamer, thank you so much for reading the magazine. Please do buy the final issue when it’s released on 6 September, and we hope you’ll continue to stick around the website as it continues to evolve.

Onwards and upwards.

There is also a new magazine called Pure Nintendo, Ive been thinking of getting it but for now I just follow them on social media. Its available in digital and print.

Anyone have scans of this yet?

To be honest, it's really not worth it. I got the magazine this evening and read the feature straight away. The majority is just describing some of the things you can do in the game, including the new features, and a couple of columns are diary-style entries saying what the writer did over the course of about ten days. It didn't even really seem like he was that excited to play it, or even that he'd even played an Animal Crossing before. Very disappointing - I probably could have written a better article, and I've not even played the game!

To be honest, it's really not worth it. I got the magazine this evening and read the feature straight away. The majority is just describing some of the things you can do in the game, including the new features, and a couple of columns are diary-style entries saying what the writer did over the course of about ten days. It didn't even really seem like he was that excited to play it, or even that he'd even played an Animal Crossing before. Very disappointing - I probably could have written a better article, and I've not even played the game!

Did you actually expect anything more though?

I actually expected this so I'm not disappointed

I read a copy too at the airport. Yeah it's written for casual players. The dedicated fans will already have found out everything about it.

it was good. but yeah, i dont think he had played any other ac game in the past.
the info he gave was like bare minimum and one thing that annoyed me the most is that he called timmy and tommy nooks son. not plural. son. that annoyed me.
the diary entry bit was slightly crappy, too.
it was overall okay.
the front cover was nice tho

Anyone here in the UK subscribed to the Official Nintendo Magazine?
I am not subscribed to the Official Nintendo Magazine, but I have always gone and purchased it in the stores on the release dates.

The reason why I don't subscribe to Official Nintendo Magazine is because I really like to have the money ready for when I need to spend it on the day of release and not when they need to debit it.

Yeah, I picked up a copy this afternoon and it was good, but not excellent...

Back