Pokémon Opinions on Pokemon EXP share lock

Completely agree with everyone saying that it’s bizarre to remove the toggle switch. As others have mentioned, I’m an adult working full-time with lots of responsibilities, and I don’t want to have to spend days grinding levels. I like having the option of sharing experience, especially when I want to bring a weaker Pokemon up to speed.

However, I also get really attached to my core team, and in Pokemon Violet I’m finding that I’m having to constantly switch out my main team for second- and even third-string Pokemon or else all the challenges become meaningless. And I’m not attempting to grind—I’m just battling all the trainers I pass and catching new pokemon once each while I move between story beats. I shouldn’t be hopelessly overleveled! I would absolutely be turning off EXP share, at least for long periods of time, if I could. I enjoy trying to use all my team members equally anyway.

I’m actually a pretty big fan of Violet so far, but I miss being able to commit to one team of six and not feel like I was going to effortlessly steamroll every gym.

Back