• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Opinions on Time Traveling?

It can be very useful when you want to get things done quickly, but there's also always the risk of "corrupting" your town when you try to travel back to the present. This is why I, personally, don't use it, although I wouldn't mind doing so if I had extra copies of NL.

Last edited:
I'm an older player (Like wayyyyyy older) and I have all the time in the world. I'm not impatient about things like that. I played WW and now NL and I have never time travelled. I put a PWP in the wrong spot once, I waited until the next day to destroyed it and then I paid for it again so it took me 3 days to landscape that area and I'm fine with that.

i do it to regrow my grass and get unwanted villagers out but i don't like that it messes with the town tree so i try not to do it often.

It is a fast way to grow Hybrid flowers.
Jumping ahead one day at a time.
Also if you are looking for high turnip prices at Re-Tails to share with other players you start on Wed morning and watch the price trend thru Friday evening.

Time traveling is no more cheating than visiting other towns to sell your turnips or perfect fruit for a higher price or cataloging someone else's items.
Duplicating items, using PowerSaves to max out your bank account, and things like that are what I would call cheating.

But ... its your game ... play it the way it brings you the most enjoyment.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it's not cheating but it's just an additional feature. If you're lazy, you can just time travel ahead. I guess, it does earn you TBT aswell: cycling, rare event item selling.

Never do it, probably never will do it. One of the (many) reasons I love New Leaf is the feeling I get watching the town evolve slowly over time and in real time thanks to my efforts. I won't collect beetles on the island after 7 either because whilst it's not technically cheating and an in-game mechanic, it just makes the whole thing feel too easy.

Having said that, I did do it in the last two weeks of December to save up enough to give my daughter a million bells on Christmas Eve :D.

Time travel though? Nevar.

I time travel but not like everyone else. I do it with this same dat. I can keep my game on the same day for ever. If it get real late at night all I have to do is all out one of the spirits and then my mom has had a heartattche. To me if time traveling wasn't aloud the people who made this game KNEW about, they are geniuses over there, they wouldnt have put the ability to time travel at all just like some of the glitches this game has. If they didnt want these things to happen they would have fixed them before they were released The have worked tirelessly on this game I am sure that i know exactly what they are doing AND it brings in my costumers.
Food for tought

Back