Patch 1.2.0 April 23rd Patch Notes

GingerLemon

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
I don't to double up on forum posts but I searched and I don't think someone has posted the patch notes yet?

The latest April update has arrived in Animal Crossing New Horizons! Version 1.2 is here.

As already established in the last Nintendo trailer video, two new NPCs have been added to the game.

They are Leif, the jolly sloth who loves to garden, and Redd, a pirate fox selling counterfeit art and black market furniture.

Leif owns a stall in the plaza where he sells rare flowers and newly implemented shrubs. Although Leif has been introduced alongside the Nature Day event running from April 23rd to May 4th, he is not restricted to only appearing during this time. Don’t worry, you don’t need to stockpile as many bushes as you can to last you a whole year until the next Nature Day event!

Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler is a ship that docks at the little, secret beach on the north shore of your island. Step inside to see what Redd is selling. He will have 4 pieces of art consisting of either paintings or sculptures but only one of these will be the original so study them closely before you buy. He will also sell exclusive furniture that you wouldn’t normally be able to buy from Timmy and Tommy. I’m not currently sure the exact schedule but Redd should visit your island once a week. Obviously, with Redd’s presence, the museum is now able to upgrade for a second time to accommodate a new art exhibit.

The next section of the patch notes states that the update has added seasonal events. This is referring to Nature Day, May Day, Museum Day and Wedding Season which all occur between April and June. As discussed already, Nature Day encourages eco-friendly behaviour like planting shrubs and hedges. May Day involves a new mystery tour island and the new NPC Rover. The end of may celebrates Museum Day with a stamp rally sending you on a quest to collect stamps at different locations. And lastly, all of June is dedicated to wedding season where you can utilise Photopia to create anniversary and wedding styles photo shoots.

The final patch note addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience. Although vague, I believe this is referring to a rebalance on bank interest. When you first log in to New Horizons after downloading the update, you will receive a letter from the bank of nook. It will explain that the interest rate you earn on bells stored in your saving account has been reduced. This is because players have been generating insane amounts of bells through time travel which is skewing the economy of the game. I’ve seen people both charge and pay hundreds of thousands of bells for mundane items because it’s just a drop in the millions they have. But those prices seem ridiculous to someone who is playing the game slowly and selling fish. Nintendo have attempted to rebalance this but what do you think? Does this annoy or delight you? If it makes you feel any better, Nintendo gives you a bells bag shaped rug to decorate your home with.

Although the patch notes end there, there’s been a few updates to the game which haven’t been mentioned.

Another new item brought in with the recent content is a world map which Nintendo sends you in the post as a thank you for playing and downloading the latest software version.

Radios and speakers placed across your island can be given individual K.K Slider songs to play. Previously, they were all synchronised in playing the same track but now this gives you more customisation to decorate and theme different areas.

Next up, if you have experienced the “I’ve Moved Out” villager glitch, this should now be fixed. On your next in-game day, the glitched villager’s house will be removed from your island. Unfortunately, if you had another villager waiting to move in, they will get lost during the process.

Lastly, don’t forget to check out the Nook Store in your local resident services because two new shirts have been added! Now you can get into the summer mood with these Nook Inc Aloha shirts in coral and green variations. They are only 600 Nook Miles each.

So what do you think of the latest patch? Not only is Nintendo keeping that content coming, they are also addressing issues quickly so I really applaud them for that. What would you like to see added in the next update?

TLDR:
  • Introduction of Leif
  • Introduction of Redd
  • Events: Nature Day, May Day, Museum Day and Wedding Season
  • Balance readjustment. Reduced interest on bells stored in your saving account.
  • Distribution of Bell Bag Rug and World Map to all players
  • Radios and speakers can now play individual songs.
  • The “I’ve moved Out” glitch should now be fixed.
  • 2 New Nook Inc Aloha shirts have been added to the Nook Store

Thanks so much for your info Bioness! I really wanted to know how much exactly it had been reduced by but I didn't want to time travel :(

So does this mean that the glitched villager would be gone during the next day, not right after the update launches?

My buddy said that if you access your map whilst you've got visitors, you can see who's currently visiting. I don't recall that being a feature prior to the update. If it was, then I missed it completely.

My buddy said that if you access your map whilst you've got visitors, you can see who's currently visiting. I don't recall that being a feature prior to the update. If it was, then I missed it completely.

I think that is just for Redd.

So does this mean that the glitched villager would be gone during the next day, not right after the update launches?
A lot of people have found their glitched villagers gone by the time they updated! In principle, if your villager was glitched, they would be gone by now. If they're still there then you should be fine!
I know some people had to TT one day to get rid of the glitched "I've moved out" houses, but in their case they didn't have a villager to begin with.

Yeah, I don't see anything either.
it would be a nice feature - especially with some NPCs (I would love not to run around my whole island searching for Daisy Mae on Sunday mornings LOL) I don't think its anything Nintendo has added in

I don't think you're able to see when an NPC is visiting your map but I believe you'll be able to see Redd's ship docked on your map. This does not count for the first time he visits and just walks around. I believe it is only when his ship is parked at the secret beach.

In regards to interest, you receive interest at the start of every month.

The glitched villagers should be gone the day after you downloaded the patch.

Hope that helps :)

This is a super small change but MUCH appreciated:

Previously you could not favorite/assign to the tool ring any tools or other handheld items while you were in your house, due to you not being able to open the tool ring (since the d-pad has other functions in your house). I noticed today that although you still cannot view the tool ring, you can now favorite items in your inventory while inside.

(ps there’s a chance I’m nuts and it was always this way? But I remember being super irritated about not being able to favorite tools inside, plus my muscle memory for how many options are on the pop up list for tools in your house keeps accidentally hitting the favorite button instead of put in storage lol)

Back