• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pen Tool

ƒish

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Great jebus... I can't believe I've missed this thingy... Guys, stop using the marquee tool... it's a dead end, learn to use the pen tool, it's so much better. >.>

Cutting renders takes half the time, and it makes the edges vectors so they'll blend to any color automatically... I can't believe i've only learned this today, after messing with photoshop for a year... I hope you all do this, it's so much better for everything.

uhh... yeah... just thought i'd tell all you artists-to-be that...

and with that, i'm going to bed.

dragonflamez said:
I still have no idea how to use the pen tool...
Just do some experiments with it... try cutting a render with it, you can trace around the thing then right click and select "make selection" it'll cut it as a vector making it much smoother and way easier to blend... once you get good at it you'll save a ton of time. : o

I wish i'd learned this about... a year ago when I started. >.>

DarthGohan1 said:
is this in gimp as well?
Uhh... maybe? look in your toolbox thing for one labeled "pen tool" if its there, its there... I bet it is, most programs have it.

[quote="Shadow_] Yeah, that's probably equal to the paths tool in GIMP. [/quote]
No... I don't think so...

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
[quote="Shadow_] Yeah, that's probably equal to the paths tool in GIMP.
No... I don't think so... [/quote]
It sounds like it could also be the lasso tool...

Flygon said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
It sounds like it could also be the lasso tool... [/quote]
Oh wait, after Opening PS I found the the pen tool=the path tool in gimp.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Flygon said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
It sounds like it could also be the lasso tool...
Oh wait, after Opening PS I found the the pen tool=the path tool in gimp. [/quote]

:D I was right.

The pen tool probably is the best to use, but it is also the hardest to learn how to use. I use the masking tool. It is, in my opinion, right up there with the pen tool. It delivers awesome results and it's a lot easier to learn.

Back