• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Perfect Town Problems

RocketMeowth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
In my town, I have a ton of public works projects built. Twenty-two total (not counting Brewster's). I also have a lot of plants; trees, flowers, bushes. However every time I talk to Isabelle, she tells me that I haven't gained a perfect town just yet. I always need to build more projects, and sometimes need to put down more plants. It's never perfect, just always either or. Is there anyone who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a lot of paths down as well but I've heard they don't affect getting a perfect town? And yes, I make sure to have nothing on the ground like items or fossils and junk. I know that ten is the limit for having those down so I make sure to have as little dropped as possible. I also don't have any weeds or clover patches.

It's strange to me because when I bought this on its release day and made my first town, I was able to achieve the perfect town status after I'd placed down just 10 public works projects. I had jacob's ladders growing all over. It's just confusing that in my restarted town, I've done twice the amount of work, yet come no closer to the perfect status than I was when I started up this second town. I know that time traveling doesn't affect you getting the status since with my first town, I TTed a lot as I do now. 8/

If anyone can assist me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

=^^= Nya

Hmm.. that is really strange? how many trees total do you have planted? I feel like i read somewhere that you can't have OVER 200 trees or something like that.

Balance your PWP amount with your tree and flower amount. 10 pwp's - 10 trees each acre and 20 flowers maybe.

I've read somewhere that requirements for it is to have over 50 flowers and between 100 to 200 trees then at least 5 public works projects. Apparently the type of public works projects add/minus to the status too. then again all that could be totally wrong. It just what I go by.
But I believe sometimes the perfect town thing is slightly messed up. I got 4 jacobs ladder's and I am pretty sure I've never reached it. I only have 4 projects and Isabelle says I am underdeveloped town.

Do you have the Beautiful Town ordinance on?

No, I have Bell Boom on. I never had that ordinance on the first time when I got a perfect town so I don't know if that would be a factor. Would it?

I've read somewhere that requirements for it is to have over 50 flowers and between 100 to 200 trees then at least 5 public works projects. Apparently the type of public works projects add/minus to the status too. then again all that could be totally wrong. It just what I go by.
But I believe sometimes the perfect town thing is slightly messed up. I got 4 jacobs ladder's and I am pretty sure I've never reached it. I only have 4 projects and Isabelle says I am underdeveloped town.

Projects can add and negate? I never read anywhere that some projects could lower the value of your town. o_O
And I'm curious as to how you got those ladders. I gave my friend one back when I had them and it died when she put it in her town by her house.

=^^= Nya

No, I have Bell Boom on. I never had that ordinance on the first time when I got a perfect town so I don't know if that would be a factor. Would it?
no it doesnt

Projects can add and negate? I never read anywhere that some projects could lower the value of your town. o_O
And I'm curious as to how you got those ladders. I gave my friend one back when I had them and it died when she put it in her town by her house.

=^^= Nya

yes, they do. stuff like the trash can lowers it. or the drilling ring i believe. heres a list
and flowers dont die inside
you get ladders when you have a perfect town. they spawn by cliffs but theyre hard to get

Last edited:
Public Works like the Drilling Rig doesn't hurt your chances of getting a perfect town rating too much, you'll just have to either plant more trees/flowers or build more of the nature-themed PWPs to offset it. I have no experience with having a trash can PWP in my town, but I've heard that you can have it in your town, you'll just have to have a higher quantity of PWPs overall to offset it (since it affects both your nature score and your living score).

I'd say focus really on how many flowers and trees you have in your town as that's the easiest way to tell which you need more of - abundant nature or abundant living. If you plant a handful of flowers and the next day Isabelle still says the town isn't quite there, then you need more abundant living PWPs.

trash can and drilling rig are bad and lowers your town rating by a bit.

You'll need to have a LOT of flowers, and make sure you PWP's are balanced.

When I had nothing to do at the begining of the game, i built many streetlamps around town, and eventually i got perfect town on my 3rd week of playing.

My last hurdle was the tree count. I feel like you really need quite a lot of trees for the perfect town rating. I do have the beautiful town ordinance, but I don`t know if weeds for example even lower your rating.

^Weeds do affect the cleanliness portion of your town's rating negatively.

I don't really know what I did, but it only took me a small to moderate amount of time to get perfect town. I guess I could list what PWPs I had when I got it:
Park Clock
Brick Bridge
Fence
Statue Fountain
Fairy Tale Clock
Wind Turbine

And I do believe that those were the only PWPs! I will admit, though, I had a MASSIVE amount of flowers in my town. I wasn't even planning my gardens, I just put fields of flowers wherever I got a whim to put one. o_o' lol! But I believe you can put more trees or more nature-themed PWPs instead of just an overwhelming amount of flowers to increase your nature abundance score. I'm also not entirely sure if there is such a thing as too many trees when it comes to getting perfect town. I know there must not be such a thing as too many flowers, but I haven't tested with putting a ton of trees as that would take too long to clean up once the experiment is done. :/

Back