Photos of maps with perfectly lined up airport and RS, please!

IndiaHawker

Bells
Either if you have an island with this, or if you have photos/links to some maps like these, please share your pictures - of the map specifically! I’ve been resetting since Tuesday and think I’ve found one that I really like - perfectly aligned, with cherries (#1 fruit choice), yellow airport (this was a requirement), not two south rivers (which was also a requirement), and a decent shaped sticky out bit of land on the beach (completely forgotten what it’s referred to as) - it’s not my favourite shape, the really large one, but it’s a nice shape. RS and the airport are off to one side rather than near centre but I think I could hopefully make that work nicely and link it to the beach in some way too - interested to see what people have done with their left/right aligned RSs! Anyway lets see those maps - please and thanks!!

My RS is perfectly aligned with my airport but I have two south facing river mouths so I’m not sure if this will be of any help but this is the map I started with. I’m currently in the middle of terraforming it so I don’t have any updated map yet. :)
D5D373BD-2560-49D1-B246-853C1FC82D2C.jpeg

islandmap.jpg

apologies for the quality, i don't have my micro sd adapter at the moment, so i took a picture of a screenshot, hah!

as you can see, my RS isn't QUITE lined up the airport, but i'm making it work. gonna be adding another heart pond to the other side of the walk way to the rs, and eventually my campsite is gonna be up on mushroom mountain. we are still very much under construction, lol

My RS is perfectly aligned with my airport but I have two south facing river mouths so I’m not sure if this will be of any help but this is the map I started with. I’m currently in the middle of terraforming it so I don’t have any updated map yet. :)View attachment 415041

Love it!! Despite two south rivers not being my personal preference I can see why some prefer it - and I love how central your RS is!

View attachment 415051
apologies for the quality, i don't have my micro sd adapter at the moment, so i took a picture of a screenshot, hah!

as you can see, my RS isn't QUITE lined up the airport, but i'm making it work. gonna be adding another heart pond to the other side of the walk way to the rs, and eventually my campsite is gonna be up on mushroom mountain. we are still very much under construction, lol

Love how you’ve made it work even though it’s not quite lined up - looks really nice! My first island which I still have was just one square off which really annoyed me in some ways as was like it was trying to look perfect but wasn’t quite haha. Yours looks better being not just one square off though. And that heart shaped pond is gorgeous - seen other heart shaped ponds before but yours is particularly nice, will look so perfect with one the other side too!!
Post automatically merged:

This is mine!

4F9F24C8-E24E-42E5-A1D0-210A2C2246CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s mine:
B9A5A28C-06EC-4EC6-97D4-92DB2CA0E4B9.jpeg
The airport and RS are perfectly aligned. My other requirements when I reset were cherries, a blue airport, the pirate beach on the right so it can be with my shops, and enough space on one side of RS to do my neighbourhood. I felt so lucky for actually getting everything I wanted! I also wanted my little peninsula to be at least two spaces wide all the way through so I could make it a diving board. Now I’m never allowed to reset again lol.

i love doing heart shaped ponds. it's so satisfying. on my original island, i actually had my house on a heart shaped hill. fun.

Here’s mine:
View attachment 415070The airport and RS are perfectly aligned. My other requirements when I reset were cherries, a blue airport, the pirate beach on the right so it can be with my shops, and enough space on one side of RS to do my neighbourhood. I felt so lucky for actually getting everything I wanted! I also wanted my little peninsula to be at least two spaces wide all the way through so I could make it a diving board. Now I’m never allowed to reset again lol.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread other than to say that the way you've terraformed your map is gorgeous and I'm definitely going to be visiting your dream island.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread other than to say that the way you've terraformed your map is gorgeous and I'm definitely going to be visiting your dream island.
Thanks so much! Definitely a work in progress so don’t mind the unfinished bits and random items laying about.

I am creating this thread to have a more ideal and organized list of pictures of maps where the dock is lined up perfectly to the doors of residents services [mine is one block off]
Ill take the initiative by posting some pictures of other peoples maps where they have the two perfectly aligned [i only have 4]. Please share any other pictures of maps or your own map if they are as well perfectly aligned up!
Post automatically merged:

Also wondering if any more maps have been added within any updates ever?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211122-082522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-082522_Samsung Internet.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 837
  • Screenshot_20211122-082914_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-082914_Samsung Internet.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 823
  • Screenshot_20211122-083152_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-083152_Samsung Internet.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 807
  • Screenshot_20211122-083339_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-083339_Samsung Internet.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
What the...... yo the mods are really going sick these days sorry they posted that there because my old post about this was deleted and i tried to make a new one that was mlre organized and better and now this is all triggering my ocd

Here’s mine:
View attachment 415070The airport and RS are perfectly aligned. My other requirements when I reset were cherries, a blue airport, the pirate beach on the right so it can be with my shops, and enough space on one side of RS to do my neighbourhood. I felt so lucky for actually getting everything I wanted! I also wanted my little peninsula to be at least two spaces wide all the way through so I could make it a diving board. Now I’m never allowed to reset again lol.
I'm sorry but I just came to say wow, your map is perfect. *chefs kiss*

Reactions: ams
20211122_125237.jpg

Mine is also very lined up, the darker green hoppy parts from the airport hops you straight to the resident services! I didn't choose it purposeful tho, at the time I was looking for two south rivers!

IMG_0FAE0E32AD2F-1.jpeg

Thought it might be helpful to share my map which is 2 squares OFF from the center
So this is NOT what you want xD

Here’s mine:

I visited your DA - I love your island. I definitely want to make a large residential area like yours so everyone can have their own yard!

Back