• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Picture time!

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
As promised, I have some pictures of how my house is coming along. Hope you enjoy them.

Before we get to that, I do have a cute one I caught of Midge and Dizzy talking. He was saying that he didn't understand why she likes to read so much. After listing her favorite titles, Midge mentioned food books. Of course, my little elephant thought she meant something to eat.

View attachment 237130

I have a feeling that kept Midge up all night.

Okay, moving on to my house. First up, the living room. As I said, I'm still waiting for the rococo chair to appear at the NB's shop. They'll go around the table with the sofa, filling in that area.

View attachment 237131

The furniture is done in gothic yellow, and there are two more candlesticks above the weeping fig trees.

To the left is the bath. I recently moved it upstairs, and I think I like it a little better here. I certainly like the library downstairs.

View attachment 237132

The only thing left to go in here is the David statue. I'll have to play around with the layout, but it'll probably go somewhere in the middle, with the Venus. I wish you could put statues on pedestals, but unless I've had the wrong ones, I guess you can't. They're still impressive.

Going back to the main room, the kitchen is in the back of the house.

View attachment 237133

Just changing the wall and floor makes such a difference. I loved my old look, but I think I like this even better. I added a couple of sweets items - the player and the wall lamps by the door - but don't plan to do the whole room that way. These mix in well with the existing furniture (the cabinets, sink, stove, and refrigerator are along that bottom row), and the ranch table and chairs in white give it a shabby chic look.

The right side room is the home office.

View attachment 237134

I will probably add a few more large plants, and I need to visit Resetti's RV for the wall-mount TV to go over the fireplace, maybe a small table for Vic and Roald's pictures (they're on the mantel now), but it's basically finished. I like the cozy feel to the room. The fairy bottle on the bookcase is the best little "witchy" touch I've got right now. It's subtle, but if you know what to look for, you'll get that a witch lives here. The inspiration town is sort of "hiding in plain sight", so I don't want something more Harry Potter.

Upstairs is my suite.

View attachment 237135

Again, changed the wall and floor, putting in a much lighter scheme. I've got the Cinnamaroll wall and the white wood floor, then I changed a few of the regal furniture items from all blue to yellow and pink. It picks up the colors in the wall and gives it a fun look. I had thought to go a bit darker and warmer for autumn, but now I think I might keep this room light and airy.

Finally, a little teaser for the library, which is now in the basement. I wanted a narrow doorway, which I had seen someone else do years ago, and putting another large bookshelf on the adjacent wall left a little empty corner. It can't be accessed from the room, and you only see it as you come down the stairs.

View attachment 237136

Not quite a skeleton in the closet, but close. ;)

Getting a good shot of the room is tough, because of the bookshelves, so I'll try to do that another time.

So, that's my house, so far. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Attachments

• Midge and Dizzy.jpg
    Midge and Dizzy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 92
  • living room.jpg
    living room.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 12
  • bath.jpg
    bath.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
  • kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg