Flower-Loving Punk

In Debt to a Tanuki
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
False Frogstool Foraged Mushroom
Great All-seeing Foraged Smoochroom
Hello All!!

I had an idea for a forum game I think might be really fun!! I do improv comedy in my free time and there’s a long form opener called a “Rant” where everyone basically stands in a row and gets a suggestion of where to start from the audience.

One person comes out and starts ranting about it, and then another person will come out and tap them out and start ranting about something similar and so on and so on until what was a rant about pasta turned into a rant about tennis shoes.

I think for this game it might be fun to basically do that but the exact opposite!!

So I’ll start us off raving about something I like, and then the next person will find something sort of similar to that that THEY like and rave about that

(“My favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate”… “Hot Chocolate is the best winter drink”… “Winter has the most interesting Olympic sports!”)

and so on and so on! Since it’s Mushroom season I’ll start us off!!

I really love pink oyster mushrooms! I think it’s insanely cool that not only are they safe to eat, they’re also a natural pink color which is inherently fun to me. They’re really easy to grow too which makes them a highly accessible mushroom for a lot of people.

Ooh, fun! So is this like "Telephone" or something? :0 I'll go next!

Okay, let's talk about Foongus!! It's a mushroom Pokémon and it's so adorable. I like the idea the went with when they designed it... impostor Pokéball!!

Speaking of impostor pokémon, let’s just take a moment to appreciate Lurantis! It and Fomantis not only have a gorgeous color scheme but also a great design that’s not only a reference to an awesome real world species, but a reversal of the concept. Instead of an orchid mantis, it’s a mantis orchid. Making it pure grass type and flipping the dynamic was a really subtly clever move from Gamefreak. Bonus points for the dapper striped pants.

Back